Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI_texture_compression_3dc specification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI_texture_compression_3dc specification?

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but can anyone tell me where to find the specification for the ATI_texture_compression_3dc OpenGL extension? The extension registry on opengl.org doesn't have it.

I've been wanting to get my hands dirty writing 3D driver code, and I figure this extension might be a fairly simple thing to add to the Mesa r300 driver, if only I had the specification.

I don't know the background, but it looks like the extension has been deprecated and removed from the specification repositories.

Maybe work on fog instead ? Fog is nice
    Test signature

Comment

Deprecated? Are you sure? Recent versions of fglrx still advertise the extension, and I'm pretty sure that your latest hardware still handles the ATI2N texture format (which may well be the only thing that the extension actually specifies--I'd buy "the extension is too trivial to need a full specification" as a reason why it isn't in the registry) In fact, I think even newer nVidia hardware supports that texture format too.

Comment

Not sure, but that's what I was told a year or two ago. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.
        Test signature

Comment

Working...
        X