NVIDIA 340.24 Linux Driver Has G-SYNC Support, FXAA Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    I think that requires the new OpenGL ABI and vendor independend OpenGL dispatch library which is developed by NVIDIA. Otherwise you can't have Intel's OpenGL implementation and NVIDIAs OpenGL implementation installed side by side.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQ0NzU
    the problem is that nvidia cannot use kms through dma_buf to sync with the intel card, since those symbols are under the gpl and a binary that uses those hooks is considered a derivative work under the gpl and would need to be released to the public. That's why you can have near-seamless optiums with the open source driver but not with the proprietary blob

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
      the problem is that nvidia cannot use kms through dma_buf to sync with the intel card, since those symbols are under the gpl and a binary that uses those hooks is considered a derivative work under the gpl and would need to be released to the public. That's why you can have near-seamless optiums with the open source driver but not with the proprietary blob
      Nope. NVIDIA uses DMA_BUF through their prime helpers. Which are available since Linux 3.9.

Comment

I have been reading about G-Sync for almost a year now and there few displays that have it. The largest I have seen is a 27 inch. Would be nice to get a larger display with G-Sync like 46 inch, maybe larger? Anyone know when that might happen ?

Comment

anyone using this with UEFI and efifb ?

Comment

Working...
          X