Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5 Is Due Out Tomorrow

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5 Is Due Out Tomorrow

KDE Frameworks 5 is due out tomorrow on 8 July...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Re

I think KArchive is pretty interesting since it has support for a lot of formats while having no dependencies... And also, it's simple to use, you just feed it files and it does the job... If you install libraries for lzma for example, it automatically can support that format to...

Comment

Will it make to Debian testing before the freeze? I hope this upcoming freeze won't be annoyingly long like the last one.

Comment

Stay tuned for more KDE Frameworks 5 details tomorrow.
        Is it a radio station?

Comment

What does this mean for someone who has KDE installed as a standard install on Arch? Will KDE 4 be automatically updated to 5 through a standard pacman update at any point?

I tried the instructions in the linked article but gave up after it said it was going to replace something from my KDE 4 installation, or there was a conflict or something. And while this was mentioned in the article, I wasn't exactly clear whether I could just replace the package without issue, and I couldn't be bothered to research at the time so I abandoned it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            What does this mean for someone who has KDE installed as a standard install on Arch? Will KDE 4 be automatically updated to 5 through a standard pacman update at any point?

I tried the instructions in the linked article but gave up after it said it was going to replace something from my KDE 4 installation, or there was a conflict or something. And while this was mentioned in the article, I wasn't exactly clear whether I could just replace the package without issue, and I couldn't be bothered to research at the time so I abandoned it.
            not replace but additional install, both can coexist now

Comment

KDE is an excellent operating system only missing a good desktop environment.

Comment

So does this full work with wayland or not

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                  So does this full work with wayland or not
                  What does "this" mean for you in the context of the article?

Will KArchive work with Wayland? Sure
                  Will ThreadWeaver work with Wayland? Sure
                  Will Solid work with Wayland? Sure
                  Will KI18n work with Wayland? Sure
                  Will KCoreAddons work with Wayland? Sure
                  Will KWindowSystem work with Wayland? Probably not at this release
                  Will Sonnet work with Wayland? Sure
                  and so on

Cheers,
                  _

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                    KDE is an excellent operating system only missing a good desktop environment.
                    You mean good default settings and a good theme? Ah! It's way clearer that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X