Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking Deepin 2014 With DDE 2.0 Using Linux Games

Phoronix: Benchmarking Deepin 2014 With DDE 2.0 Using Linux Games

This weekend marked the release of Deepin 2014 as a Chinese derivative of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS featuring the new DDE 2.0 desktop. Here's some benchmarks of running some OpenGL Linux games on Deepin 2014 compared to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS when testing a few different desktop environments.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We needed KDE on that benchmark brosphe.

Comment

Probably worth to note that some of those UI's can't handle hybrid graphics very well, or at all.

Comment

Hi,

is the compiz version shipped with Deepin 2014 still a customized version?

I installed Deepin Desktop Enviroment 2013 on Ubuntu 13.04 and the system was definetely broken by DDE and dozen of customized packages, different from ubuntu repos ones. (When Deepin Website advertised "based on Ubuntu 13.04" I should have been more cautious)

If DDE 2.0 works on Ubuntu 14.04 compiz/repositories, it could be an interesting complementary Desktop Environment.
        This time I'll try on a spare/virtual Ubuntu 14.04 LTS system.

P.

Comment

Working...
        X