Using Udev Without Systemd Is Going To Become Harder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ceage View Post
    Might be worth retesting with USB power management turned off. Some devices stop working when woken up from USB suspend.
    Where in the Bios? I only do normal shutdowns. I've tried once suspend but the restart was to dark...oh well...hello stone age.

That's my script:

#!/bin/bash
    cd /dev/input
    sudo setfacl --modify u:michael:rw- --modify g::rw- --modify o::rw- *
    cd ~/X-Plane_10
    sudo mount -o loop /media/michael/DATA/img/xplane10.iso /media/michael/XPLANE10

./X-Plane-x86_64

Comment

• Originally posted by mike4 View Post
      Where in the Bios? I only do normal shutdowns. I've tried once suspend but the restart was to dark...oh well...hello stone age.
      USB suspend is unrelated to the overall power state (like power-on, suspend, hibernate etc.) of your machine. It's usually controlled by the OS on a per-device basis. For example, you could tell the Linux kernel to power down a given USB device if it wasn't used for more than 60 seconds.
      For making such changes in a persistent manner I'd suggest using tlp. A low-level method is to write a custom udev rule. First you should make sure that USB autosuspend is indeed the problem though. You could use e.g. the PowerTop tool to temporarily toggle autosuspend for a given device.

Comment

• You could try downgrading the kernel.

Comment

I've reported a bug and it seems that for ex. X-Plane users prefer to boot Windows than to report or even work around/fix a bug.
          This doesn't make sense at all. There is no bugreport at all for udev/systemd which contains the word pedal, so please show us a link. If you actually have reported that bug the the X-Plane developers then I have to ask: Why? If it is a problem with udev report it to udev. You wouldn't report a kernel bug to the Open Office developers either.

Comment

• Summary: - The joystick evdev device for the pedals doesn't get proper permissions (in udev/systemd) - The pedal evdev device sometimes doesn't generate evdev events (linux) -- I've created a rule in lib/udev/rules.d as 99-xplane.rules: # CH PRO PEDALS USB KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idProduct}=="00f2", ATTRS{idVendor}=="068e", MODE="0666" and even do at every x-plane start: cd /dev/input sudo setfacl --modify u:michael:rw- --modify g::rw- --modify o::rw- * but still my CH Pedals are ofte...

Comment

• That's the wrong approach. You reported it to Ubuntu distribution bug tracker, where as you should have reported it to the udev (systemd) mailing list and freedesktop.org bugzilla, and provided a link to those in the Ubuntu distribution bug tracker.
              And that's old version, 204, where as you should have tested with latest, like 215, and same with the kernel to narrow down the possibility it's already fixed.
              It might be hard with binary distribution like Ubuntu, but that's the workflow of bugs, only latest code matters (to upstream)

Comment

• It looks more like a bug in the kernel than in udev / systemd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat2 View Post
                  It looks more like a bug in the kernel than in udev / systemd.
                  And a quite old one.
                  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...?bug=341035%3B..

Comment

• Originally posted by ssuominen View Post
                    That's the wrong approach. You reported it to Ubuntu distribution bug tracker, where as you should have reported it to the udev (systemd) mailing list and freedesktop.org bugzilla, and provided a link to those in the Ubuntu distribution bug tracker.
                    And that's old version, 204, where as you should have tested with latest, like 215, and same with the kernel to narrow down the possibility it's already fixed.
                    It might be hard with binary distribution like Ubuntu, but that's the workflow of bugs, only latest code matters (to upstream)
                    How to install 215 on Ubuntu 14.04? If it's not a one click install I'm out and soon away. I simply don't want to waste time anymore on such but will prefer
                    to rather boot Windows.

Comment

How to install 215 on Ubuntu 14.04? If it's not a one click install I'm out and soon away. I simply don't want to waste time anymore on such but will prefer
                      to rather boot Windows.
                      You obviously had enough time to comment extensively on every systemd thread that came around for an extended period. If you had not spent so much time complaining and instead used that time to check the problem you would have saved a lot of time, and it would have had at least some chance of improving things while your current approach has zero chance of making any difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X