Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm DMCA Notice Takes Down 100+ Git Repositories

Phoronix: Qualcomm DMCA Notice Takes Down 100+ Git Repositories

Qualcomm has forced GitHub to take down over 100 Git repositories over alleged copyright infringement...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Qualcomm DMCA Notice Takes Down 100+ Git Repositories

Qualcomm has forced GitHub to take down over 100 Git repositories over alleged copyright infringement...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTczNDU
    And there goes my business for a while.

They really should have a competent human look at these notices BEFORE they go out.

Comment

I really think this company is bad news. They seem to very much have a closed mindset and it's only getting worse. Too bad they basically own the North American smartphone market.

Comment

While the approach and generalization applied here by Qualcomm & helpers is nothing more than a shame do I wonder ... why am I looking at two drunk Mario bros??

I have never played much games on consoles. What am I missing here?

Comment

While GitHub complied with the request
          Fixed your English.

Sounds like GitHub are pondering their ultimate response.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
            While the approach and generalization applied here by Qualcomm & helpers is nothing more than a shame do I wonder ... why am I looking at two drunk Mario bros??

I have never played much games on consoles. What am I missing here?
            It does look out of place. Maybe Michael is distributing those documents with steganography?

Comment

It seems only fair to remove support for all Qualcomm products from the Linux kernel, x.org and any other piece of free software that supports Qualcomm products.

Comment

Never host anything on US-related services so that tyrant laws do not affect you.
                Hard lesson learned, I guess.

Comment

Best thing to do is sending them an email using the contact us page, letting them know of your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post
                    It does look out of place. Maybe Michael is distributing those documents with steganography?
                    Check the file name (properties) for hints.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X