Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Touch Passes 100,000 App Downloads

Default Ubuntu Touch Passes 100,000 App Downloads

Phoronix: Ubuntu Touch Passes 100,000 App Downloads

The Ubuntu Developer Blog has announced the milestone today of Ubuntu for phones and tablets passing 100,000 app downloads downloads...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTczMzg

24 Minutes Ago - Ubuntu - 100k
    Is "100k" supossed to be a tag? I don't get why you have to classify every article under two tags, it is unnecessary and it's obvious you don't know what to write there most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by alazar View Post
    Is "100k" supossed to be a tag? I don't get why you have to classify every article under two tags, it is unnecessary and it's obvious you don't know what to write there most of the time.
    The second one is alway very specific; it's to mazimize internal links for ad revenue. The next time there is an article that mentions 100,000, it can link back to this article.

Quote Originally Posted by alazar View Post
    That "second tag" is/was to be used for some other internal cross-referencing of finding related stories with PHXCMS, but at the moment isn't used for anything as I haven't yet gotten around to implementing those plans, so until finding the time to do so it's basically a short related string with little value besides being a future place holder.

Default Android downloads

I really really really don't mean to troll. I have great respect for Ubuntu and what they do. But in the spirit of putting things in perspective, Android has had over 48 billion _unique_ app downloads so far ...

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/05/...app-downloads/
    Last edited by mendieta; 07-03-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Ubuntu Touch Passes 100,000 App Downloads

The Ubuntu Developer Blog has announced the milestone today of Ubuntu for phones and tablets passing 100,000 app downloads downloads...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTczMzg
    I'm assuming that it was intentional?

Default Virtualmachine

It would be better if there would be QEMU virtual machine support, but QEMU ARM support is in generaly joke and it works mainly only on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthan View Post
    It would be better if there would be QEMU virtual machine support, but QEMU ARM support is in generaly joke and it works mainly only on paper.
    That's funny.

I use QEMU ARM every day at/for work.

Ok and which OS you are using? I know that here only some Rapsberry working build and i tried to install some older Fedora and Ubuntu ARM on QEMU and it didnt working too much, i was usualy stuck in terminal. Yes still better and Spacr support, were simply still some basic instruction arent implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthan View Post
    Ok and which OS you are using? I know that here only some Rapsberry working build and i tried to install some older Fedora and Ubuntu ARM on QEMU and it didnt working too much, i was usualy stuck in terminal. Yes still better and Spacr support, were simply still some basic instruction arent implemented.
    Well obviously it depends what you are doing with it.

I use it in many CC/Chroot environments with various distributions aimed at embedded platforms, I do not fully emulate the graphics and other hardware as that would be near impossible for the QEMU team and also completely unnecessary.