Thread: More Intel DRM Improvements Aimed For Linux 3.17

Default More Intel DRM Improvements Aimed For Linux 3.17

Phoronix: More Intel DRM Improvements Aimed For Linux 3.17

With the Linux 3.16 kernel just being a few weeks away from its debut, Intel's Open-Source Technology Center has out another batch of changes being queued up for drm-next to enter with Linux 3.17...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc0NDM

Continued GPU Boost tuning work.
    I wonder if that means overclocking? I've been trying on and off on my Haswell Rig. TRying to overclock clearly affect permormance (so it is "doing something"), but the wrong way (everything runs slower). Anyways, other than that, I love the level of floss support for graphics with my i5 chip.

Quote Originally Posted by mendieta View Post
    I wonder if that means overclocking? I've been trying on and off on my Haswell Rig. TRying to overclock clearly affect permormance (so it is "doing something"), but the wrong way (everything runs slower). Anyways, other than that, I love the level of floss support for graphics with my i5 chip.
    Every chip (from the same series.) is a bit different, and can be, but doesn't have to be capable for OC. If you try to OC chip which is too 'weak', it will overheat, throttle and performance will suffer. So it doesn't have to be the 'wrong way' at all.

Edit:
    Sorry I read your sentence without parenthesis first time, so I read it like 'so it is "doing something", but the wrong way'.