Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debian + Steam + r600

For the record:

Some games use 64bit versions, and one should move/rename those too!

(XCOM is such game)

At least! It works now. My solution for the record:

- I have to rename libgcc:

$HOME/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu$ mv libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s.so.1.bak

That is what I have read multiple times in diferents post when I was searching for information, also what people from this post said to me. But only with this Steam didn't work, searching more you can find that you have to rename libstdc++ also. But my Debian Steam installation didn't have libstdc++ ...

- Solution, link my system version (or copy it, as you prefer) to that Steam dir:

$HOME/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu$ ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 .

Now Steam works!!! Left4Dead, Amnesia works flawless but Portal 2 not. So solution?

- Rename libstdcc++ from Portal 2/bin directory:

$HOME/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/bin$ mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bak

Now all works,

Thanks to all!

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Khudsa View Post
    Now Steam works!!! Left4Dead, Amnesia works flawless but Portal 2 not. So solution?

- Rename libstdcc++ from Portal 2/bin directory:

$HOME/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Portal 2/bin$ mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bak
    I had managed to get steam working by removing the runtime libraries and was wondering why Portal wasn't also working. Cheers!