Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteamOS Alchemist Beta 120 Updates Intel/AMD/NVIDIA Drivers

Phoronix: SteamOS Alchemist Beta 120 Updates Intel/AMD/NVIDIA Drivers

For those that do their gaming primarily on the weekends, Valve has a new SteamOS "Alchemist Beta" out this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Whaaaaat?

For those that do their gaming primarily on the weekends, Valve has a new SteamOS "Alchemist Beta" out this morning.

Can someone please tell me in what context this statement makes sense? I wonder ... Do people with no jobs only play games under Windows? Do people of the service industry, who happen to work on weekends, not know how to appreciate Linux? And is the working class really the only group of people who can and actually does appreciate Linux gaming? Has the fact that the article was published on a Saturday anything to do with it? I am confused and I have a lot of questions now.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      For those that do their gaming primarily on the weekends, Valve has a new SteamOS "Alchemist Beta" out this morning.

Can someone please tell me in what context this statement makes sense? I wonder ... Do people with no jobs only play games under Windows? Do people of the service industry, who happen to work on weekends, not know how to appreciate Linux? And is the working class really the only group of people who can and actually does appreciate Linux gaming? Has the fact that the article was published on a Saturday anything to do with it? I am confused and I have a lot of questions now.
      I really wouldn't read anything into it to be perfectly honest. It's just a crappy lead into the fact that valve released the new Alchemist Beta on the weekend.

Comment

Lets guess... they have more free eyes in their spare time to report eventual breakages faster, so one who play after weekend can be amazed how SteamOS worked without any problems after that upgrade .

Comment

But more i think because DDs also working or can be found primarily on the weekends .

Comment

How is the new Catalyst driver performing?
            Judging by the number, there is a slight chance
            this is a new branch with new features and a bit of hope.

Comment

You just made a lot of that up. That sentence doesn't in any way mention or imply Windows or xbox or WiiU or iPhone or any other platform you can play games with whatsoever, so this is in no way about SteamOS versus [[all the other gaming platforms you may be able to think of]].

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                You just made a lot of that up. That sentence doesn't in any way mention or imply Windows or xbox or WiiU or iPhone or any other platform you can play games with whatsoever, so this is in no way about SteamOS versus [[all the other gaming platforms you may be able to think of]].
                He was being sarcastic

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                  No, how could I? He wrote, "for those who do their gaming primarily on the weekends," which is unspecific to the type of gaming, other then it is being done on weekends. It means everyone who is gaming on and with any type of hardware, including board games, paint ball or just twigs in the forrest. Gaming on the weekends means any type of gaming, because gaming is in no way exclusive to Linux users or other platforms. Gaming is gaming. What is made up is your attempt to make this thread into a "Linux gaming vs. XYZ gaming"-thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X