No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon VDPAU Video Performance With Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to vdpauinfo it's only capable of decoding H264 up to level 4.1 and 1920x1080@60 is level 4.2 so it might not be able to offload it at all, I'll give it a try anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
      According to vdpauinfo it's only capable of decoding H264 up to level 4.1 and 1920x1080@60 is level 4.2 so it might not be able to offload it at all, I'll give it a try anyway
      Try it here on Athlon 5350 vdpauinfo says 4.1 too, but it offload this [email protected] fine

Comment

I did try it, it complains my system is too slow to play it. I get the same on my desktop, an A10-7850K when using VDPAU, even though with XV it plains fine. Do yo use any special options? Other video player maybe?

Just to be sure we talk about the same thing, I can use VDPAU to play the file, but the vieo is decoded at 30fps so it will appear in slowmotion and the audio gets out of sync.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
          I did try it, it complains my system is too slow to play it. I get the same on my desktop, an A10-7850K when using VDPAU, even though with XV it plains fine. Do yo use any special options? Other video player maybe?

Just to be sure we talk about the same thing, I can use VDPAU to play the file, but the vieo is decoded at 30fps so it will appear in slowmotion and the audio gets out of sync.
          Here plays perfect, i use mpv:

Code:
          mpv --hwdec=vdpau --vo=vdpau file
          or

Code:
          mpv --hwdec=vdpau --vo=opengl file

CPU stays at 3% with both vo options . This is on recent stuff.... kernel 3.16-rc3, xserver 1.16-rc3, mesa 10.3 git... .

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            This is on recent stuff.... kernel 3.16-rc3, xserver 1.16-rc3, mesa 10.3 git... .
            And llvm 3.5-svn of course so radeonsi never runs better .

Just tried it works fine with default stack in Debian Sid too currently that is: kernel 3.14.9, xserver 1.15.1 (libglamor self compiled ), mesa 10.2.2, llvm 3.4.2 and mpv 0.4.0 (libav 10.2) .

Comment

i'm having no luck with radeonsi and vdpau for 4k

VO: [vdpau] 4096x2304 => 4096x2304 Planar YV12
              [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_video_mixer_create: An invalid/unsupported value was supplied. This is a catch-all error code for values of type other than those with a specific error code.
              FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
              Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.

for 1080p can't you just use the cpu?

with i7-4770 it's unable to keep up with 4k using mplayer on cpu
              Last edited by mercutio; 25 October 2014, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X