XWayland GLAMOR & DRI3 Support Added In Mainline X.Org Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Is anything special needed to make use of GLAMOR for Xwayland like further patches to mutter? I have built Xwayland from Kristians own Xorg branch a month ago, which already had these changes as far as I know, but in Gnome 3.12 it was still using llvmpipe for Xwayland. The mutter build I'm using is a bit old though. It's the snapshot right after Xwayland DDX support was added since the newest version of mutter don't work with the rest of Gnome 3.12.
    this patches only work for intel driver, gallium drivers don't have DRI3 support as far as i know, keith sent a patches some time ago for RFC but i never see them in master, so you need recent intel driver

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Interesting.

What about when GNOME supports bypass composting? (I assume it eventually will)
      What about when PRESENT support is merged for XWayland? (I assume it will)

What about when comparing using DRI3 instead of DRI2?
      Depends on the Present implementation of the DDX.
      Looks like the default with the intel DDX when vblank_mode=0 (no vsync) is to do the same thing than the Present fallback.
      However it has a parameter to switch to a better mode (in my point of view) that would do flips instead of copies. That should increase performance.

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      this patches only work for intel driver, gallium drivers don't have DRI3 support as far as i know, keith sent a patches some time ago for RFC but i never see them in master, so you need recent intel driver
      Patches to have DRI3 support for gallium drivers are soon landing in master. They are on the ml and reviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
        Patches to have DRI3 support for gallium drivers are soon landing in master. They are on the ml and reviewed.
        sweet, it seems will be faster than expected , you aware if the patches will require infrastructure at kernel level(not commited yet) for drivers or gallium patches are enough?

Comment

sweet, it seems will be faster than expected , you aware if the patches will require infrastructure at kernel level(not commited yet) for drivers or gallium patches are enough?
          No, they work as is.

That doesn't mean their DDX will support them though. (Nouveau DDX support it, but it is disabled for the Amd DDX).

Comment

The patches have just been merged.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
              The patches have just been merged.
              yeap i saw yesterday they pushed them to master, ill upgrade today and see if RadeonSI likes it hoping that Xwayland DRI3 kicks up since yesterday i updated my Xserver to master

Comment

Working...
              X