Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen Support Added To GNOME's Mutter On Wayland

Phoronix: Touchscreen Support Added To GNOME's Mutter On Wayland

With today's release of Mutter 3.13.3, GNOME on Wayland has support for touchscreen support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

comoositor menus ?

Comment

These people are obsessed with touchscreens. Has anyone told them nobody is using them outside of Android and iOS?

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        These people are obsessed with touchscreens. Has anyone told them nobody is using them outside of Android and iOS?
        Just in case you have been living under a rock for the last couple of years / months ... many laptops have touchscreens now. There is no reason not to support them. Actually not supporting them would not only be a regression compared to X11 but also to Windows.

Comment

GNU TABLETS and PHONES

I would like to see on the market GNOME and KDE TABLETS AND PHONES

Specially cheap 64 bits Intel SoC ones but also at some ARM 64 bit - as it si late for 32 bit -

I think GNU/Linux TABLETS and PHONES would be better sell than MS ones, and they can be Android dual boot, or put future Android 64 bits in chroot or viceversa

Comment

Originally posted by mitcoes View Post
            I would like to see on the market GNOME and KDE TABLETS AND PHONES

Specially cheap 64 bits Intel SoC ones but also at some ARM 64 bit - as it si late for 32 bit -

I think GNU/Linux TABLETS and PHONES would be better sell than MS ones, and they can be Android dual boot, or put future Android 64 bits in chroot or viceversa
            I have wanted this since 2010 when, after having my Nokia N900, and then reading and experiencing how much like Gnome-Shell it is...

If I could wipe the crap Android off of my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and put Linux with Gnome-Shell natively on it, I'd be in heaven.

Hell, if I could get TouchWiz off of it, I'd be happy. Pretty pathetic that it has 3GB of ram, and just after a fresh boot when I first had it, it ran out of memory and started to run extremly slow.

It's manageble now after tweaking the hell out of, but still, how can they sell a product like that? I want just pure Linux on it.

Comment

Working...
            X