Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal 2 Multi-Player Released For Free

Phoronix: Postal 2 Multi-Player Released For Free

While Ryan Gordon has yet to release Unreal Tournament 3 for Linux (likely due to Steam / Valve's Source Engine Coming To Linux), he has today released new versions of Postal 2 for Linux and Mac OS X. In celebration of the Postal movie being released, Running With Scissors (the company behind Postal) has permitted the release of a free multi-player edition of this popular game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aaaaah… THAT's the ticket…
    Edit: btw, is a 64-bit binary included?
    Last edited by apaige; 01 June 2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Funny game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Funny game.
        That's an understatement. IMHO one of the coolest, most violent
        (if you choose so) games ever. I love it, ideal to blow off
        steam. Just behead someone with a shovel then kick the head around the world

Comment

Well the SP part is ultra violent (which is not freely available only as demo), but MP does not seem to be so different to other shooters. Maybe a few more babes at the end of a level or when you play ctf (snatch). Currently I have got some flickering problems, although the speed is high (press tab: stat fps - just like every other game with unreal engine).

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Well the SP part is ultra violent (which is not freely available only as demo)
            Hey now, it's just like Vince said- it's only as violent as you want it to be...just that completing the tasks in anything other than the bloodbath method of play is excruciatingly difficult and not anywhere near as much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              Hey now, it's just like Vince said- it's only as violent as you want it to be...just that completing the tasks in anything other than the bloodbath method of play is excruciatingly difficult and not anywhere near as much fun.
              Consider it a test of willpower ;-)

Comment

I have to admit, I felt nauseous after a few hours of playing the game. It's not entirely surprising: I kept shooting heads off and peeing on innocent bystanders.

Comment

Working...
                X