Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glx-Dock/Cairo-Dock Has Been Ported To Wayland

Phoronix: Glx-Dock/Cairo-Dock Has Been Ported To Wayland

One of the first desktop "docks" is now available for Wayland!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Glx-Dock/Cairo-Dock Has Been Ported To Wayland

One of the first desktop "docks" is now available for Wayland!..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcyNjk
    Thank you for your post.
    I think the main point here is that it's quite hard at the moment to have third-party tools like cairo-dock, concky, xdotool, etc running on Wayland.
    Hopefuly the Wayland protocol will evolve (like with EWMH for X).

Comment

I love how the screenshot this beta-experimental-not-for-end-user desktop has the Linux Mint icon for the menu

Comment

Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
        I love how the screenshot this beta-experimental-not-for-end-user desktop has the Linux Mint icon for the menu
        well, there is still a distro behind all of this
        the nice part is that you can have both X and Weston running in parallel (which is quite convenient for coding because Weston has qwerty hard-coded).

Comment

Originally posted by fabounet View Post
          (which is quite convenient for coding because Weston has qwerty hard-coded).
          You must have forgotten to set some env var or something, I use azerty with Weston.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
            You must have forgotten to set some env var or something, I use azerty with Weston.
            really ? that would be helpful if you could detail.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
              Speaking of Weston's input methods , does anybody know if it supports tildes...? If so, how? I've tinkered with settings of xkbcommon with no results; neither kmscon nor Weston seem to support such 'special characters', which is quite unconvenient for me.

Comment

Working...
              X