Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 8.0 Jessie Testing Against Updated Ubuntu Linux

Phoronix: Debian 8.0 Jessie Testing Against Updated Ubuntu Linux

Our latest Debian GNU/Linux benchmarks following the recent GNU/kFreeBSD vs. GNU/Linux comparison are benchmarks of Debian GNU/Linux in its latest testing form for 8.0 "Jessie" compared to a stock Ubuntu 14.04 LTS plus with an assortment of updates.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is one of the many reasons I run Arch. It's clear to see significant performance gains from having newer stuff.

Waiting 6 months is for noobs

Comment

What Desktops did you test?? also it look's like your GPU is at it's limit on some tests.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        This is one of the many reasons I run Arch. It's clear to see significant performance gains from having newer stuff.
        +1 It's not just the newer stuff, in Arch the whole system feels a lot faster (and i've been using debian since v2.2...)

Comment

How do you know someone uses Arch Linux? They'll always tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafers View Post
            Hi there, I'm using Arch Linux.

By the way, why is Ubuntu using Deadline as default? CFQ is faster on rotational media, and Noop is faster on solid state. Is it a compromise? Why not just have a Udev rule to use different schedulers for different media? That's what I do.... on my ARCH LINUX system.

Arch Linux. That's what I use.

Comment

one problem

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

Waiting 6 months is for noobs
              when system upgrade we have no garanties if it will work in next reboot... i give up from arch because suck things happen with stable repos

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                when system upgrade we have no garanties if it will work in next reboot... i give up from arch because suck things happen with stable repos
                Bait taken.

So it begins!

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                  i give up from arch because suck things happen with stable repos
                  That's been my experience with it. I use Debian unstable because it's rolling release and it's actually more... uhhh stable, than Arch.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafers View Post
                    Of course. How else are you going to know that I installed my Linux system from the command line and configured all the components of my system myself?

I've also done Linux from Scratch once. Now that was a doozy to install...

Comment

Working...
                    X