No announcement yet.

Russia To Replace AMD/Intel CPUs With 64-bit ARM Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia is more of a paper tiger anyway. Check the birth rates. The nation is completely imploding. The abortion rates in most parts of Russia are even higher than the worst in the inner cities of America. They've cut off their whole future.

50 years, tops, for that nation.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      Russia is more of a paper tiger anyway. Check the birth rates. The nation is completely imploding. The abortion rates in most parts of Russia are even higher than the worst in the inner cities of America. They've cut off their whole future.

50 years, tops, for that nation.
      It'll be a shame when their wonderful comedy channel, RT, goes off the air. I'll miss their sketches involving King Samir Shabazz and chemtrails.

Comment

First time i've heard that 50 years bullshit was in early 90s. And actually birth rate > death rate in Russia now.

And domestic hardware for government use - this news article made it sound as if it's really something new. Russia, China, EU and others think about two things - domestic hardware and intranets isolated from internet for government use, first time i've heard about those was 2004 or so, but it wasn't really a top priority, but US vs EU officials spy scandal added some fuel to this theme though and governments will probably switch to linux and something different from x86 a few years, but it will be only for government etc. use as mass production for retail market is way too expensive to replace x86, but in Russia, for example, Elbrus-based systems already used by military. Open hardware? I don't think so, it will probably be quite opposite to prevent easy exploits and will have hardware crypto modules.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
          As far as business standpoint goes, this makes sense. You want Russian people buying Russian products if you are a business or government in Russia.
          Did u compare the official money that the nsa gets and the "kgb" (does they still call it so?) gets?

I doubt that they have even close of the money the nsa gets so on this number u see who is the best Stasi organisation and more otalitarian.

I have no number and at the moment no time to google it, but the nsa gets 5 or 10x more money PER POPULATION than we pay in germany. And its not that our intelligence is a joke with not much power to sabotage our democracy.

Its just a myth that russia and often said china is the big spy they are really bad jokes against the nsa regime.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
            Did u compare the official money that the nsa gets and the "kgb" (does they still call it so?) gets?

I doubt that they have even close of the money the nsa gets so on this number u see who is the best Stasi organisation and more otalitarian.

I have no number and at the moment no time to google it, but the nsa gets 5 or 10x more money PER POPULATION than we pay in germany. And its not that our intelligence is a joke with not much power to sabotage our democracy.

Its just a myth that russia and often said china is the big spy they are really bad jokes against the nsa regime.

Please refer back to my quote:
            As far as business standpoint goes, this makes sense. You want Russian people buying Russian products if you are a business or government in Russia. The part that confuses me is I'm sure that there's an Intel location is Moscow, so that's a little weird. Basically if money is flowing within Russia, the Russian government gets more money. If money is flowing to in-country technology companies, technology and demand for educated workers is increased, increasing their influence in the educated world.

Also Russia could just enforce real-world spying components this way to monitor and control everything in their country.
            TL;DR It would make Russia and its people more wealthy while allowing a great potential for spying and all that. I have no idea what you were going on about.

Comment

TL;DR It would make Russia and its people more wealthy while allowing a great potential for spying and all that. I have no idea what you were going on about.
              Right, it would take Russia decades to build up the hardware and manpower resources that the NSA has today!. So people have time and increasing computing power over time to increase the complexity of encryption systems. The fact that US designed chips are NSA compromised is a given at the hardware level. Just look at RDRAND issue with Intel chips. What it was doing was giving the software 32-bits of encryption even though it requested 256bits. How would you know unless someone researched and tested that fully!. Hence, the hardware LIED just like those NSA junkies!. Who needs unreliable/untrusted hardware at this day and age ?. So what of Arm systems are slower, we just triple up on the processors which are cheap and low power then we are ahead. Large US companies are not to be trusted, they are all "IN" on the scheme and lately MicroSoft has been speaking out more publicly. Mainly becuase they are declining in their market base and may suffer more so in the years to come. Companies outside the US had better take matters in their own hands in order to secure their future. Russia is doing their own thing and China soon to follow. Then we shall see what Europe says, if anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fteoOpty64 View Post
                Just look at RDRAND issue with Intel chips. What it was doing was giving the software 32-bits of encryption even though it requested 256bits.
                Gonna need a reliable source on that.

Comment

As far as business standpoint goes, this makes sense. You want Russian people buying Russian products if you are a business or government in Russia. The part that confuses me is I'm sure that there's an Intel location is Moscow, so that's a little weird. Basically if money is flowing within Russia, the Russian government gets more money. If money is flowing to in-country technology companies, technology and demand for educated workers is increased, increasing their influence in the educated world.

Also Russia could just enforce real-world spying components this way to monitor and control everything in their country.
                  Right, it would take Russia decades to build up the hardware and manpower resources that the NSA has today!. So people have time and increasing computing power over time to increase the complexity of encryption systems. The fact that US designed chips are NSA compromised is a given at the hardware level. Just look at RDRAND issue with Intel chips. What it was doing was giving the software 32-bits of encryption even though it requested 256bits. How would you know unless someone researched and tested that fully!. Hence, the hardware LIED just like those NSA junkies!. Who needs unreliable/untrusted hardware at this day and age ?. So what of Arm systems are slower, we just triple up on the processors which are cheap and low power then we are ahead. Large US companies are not to be trusted, they are all "IN" on the scheme and lately MicroSoft has been speaking out more publicly. Mainly becuase they are declining in their market base and may suffer more so in the years to come. Companies outside the US had better take matters in their own hands in order to secure their future. Russia is doing their own thing and China soon to follow. Then we shall see what Europe says, if anything at all.
                  I don't understand how it relates to what I said or even what this here is saying.

(and how's that for a quote within a quote within a quote?)

Comment

RDRAND is not an encryption function, it's a random number generator... And there is no size parameters like 32/256bits with random numbers generation functions.. your sentence here is a non-sense.
                    Still, these function can still have a backdoor since some implementations (like freeBSD < 10) used them as the main secured random generation algorithm.. which are used to create encryption keys.
                    That's why lot's of crypto experts (like Bruce Shneier) said that we can't rely on that.

However, if you choose ARM because you don't trust Intel, that's absolutly not the solution. If you need an usb controller (i guess you need a mouse and a keyboard), it will probably be an intel one. If the NSA can have backdoor inside Intel/AMD chips, why can't they have one inside USB or Ethernet (that's not hard for this one, Realtek have 99.9% market share).. If you really need to completly hide from the NSA you have 2 solutions:
                    > Forget the word "Computer"
                    > Became billionaire, and rely on your own chips.

Finilly thinking that the NSA or some powerfull governments are the only ones who create thoses backdoors and spies on almost everybody.. That's a huge mistake.

Comment

Working...
                    X