Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nouveau Re-Clocking Is Way Faster, Shows Much Progress For Open-Source NVIDIA

Default Nouveau Re-Clocking Is Way Faster, Shows Much Progress For Open-Source NVIDIA

Phoronix: Nouveau Re-Clocking Is Way Faster, Shows Much Progress For Open-Source NVIDIA

Earlier this week on Phoronix we covered the steps to trying out Nouveau re-clocking with Linux 3.16, assuming you're running a supported NVIDIA GPU that can currently be statically re-clocked using this reverse-engineered graphics driver. While the support is still experimental and isn't intended for end-users, here are some fresh benchmarks of the Nouveau driver DRM code for Linux 3.16 when re-clocked.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=20611

GTX 650 - 0f - Warsow 1.5 @ 1080p - 69,32 FPS
    GTX 650 - 337.25 - Warsow 1.5 @ 1080p - 120,93 FPS

Still some way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout23 View Post
    GTX 650 - 0f - Warsow 1.5 @ 1080p - 69,32 FPS
    GTX 650 - 337.25 - Warsow 1.5 @ 1080p - 120,93 FPS

Still some way to go.
    That is ~60% which is fine just from setuped reclocking , they need to do many optimizations to bring that to near blob level . radeon has hyperz on top of around that perf, but disabled by default .

Are there some at least visible rendering issues in those games Michael? If not, that is cool .
    Last edited by dungeon; 06-20-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Once toying with the performance states, the graphics cards immediately jump to 100% fan speed and can be extremely noisy for the higher-end graphics cards.
    This patch should fix the problem!

Those which work don't have a boost mode for the gpu, so I suppose it is the cause of the issue with 0f. Too bad 0a has bad memory bandwidth, while the gpu boost itself is rather useless.

Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by remm View Post
    Those which work don't have a boost mode for the gpu, so I suppose it is the cause of the issue with 0f. Too bad 0a has bad memory bandwidth, while the gpu boost itself is rather useless.
    Boost isn't what you think it is (ie. not what nvidia marketed).

But yes, the proprietary driver can squeeze a little more perf and a little less power consumption using this technique.

Default Sooo

Basically confirming what I've been saying. This time next year, nouveau is going to be a high performance 3d driver.

Quote Originally Posted by MPF View Post
    This patch should fix the problem!
    On my GTX 670 it doesn't work , sometimes i see the temperature on sensors , but most of the times it just show N/A and fan is always at 100%