Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Gains Support For The X PRESENT Extension

Phoronix: Nouveau Gains Support For The X PRESENT Extension

One day after the open-source Nouveau X.Org driver gained support for GLAMOR acceleration and the NVIDIA "Maxwell" hardware, the latest addition to xf86-video-nouveau is enabling support for the X.Org PRESENT extension...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's with this sudden influx of new features into nouveau? Did they achieve some new milestone in their reverse-engineering process?

Also, what's with the reclocking benchmarks? I thought they were supposed to be released this week?

Comment

Originally posted by Weegee View Post
      What's with this sudden influx of new features into nouveau? Did they achieve some new milestone in their reverse-engineering process?

Also, what's with the reclocking benchmarks? I thought they were supposed to be released this week?
      I'm actually very surprised to see Nouveau getting PRESENT so quickly. Even Intel devs were saying that DRI3 was relatively easy to do, but that implementing PRESENT was being a total pain in the arse.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
      X