Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mir Display Server 0.3.0 Released, Server ABI Bumped

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,659

    Default Mir Display Server 0.3.0 Released, Server ABI Bumped

    Phoronix: Mir Display Server 0.3.0 Released, Server ABI Bumped

    Canonical developers have tagged version 0.3.0 of the Mir Display Server while the server ABI was bumped to version 21...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcyNDI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Mir Display Server 0.3.0 Released, Server ABI Bumped

    Canonical developers have tagged version 0.3.0 of the Mir Display Server while the server ABI was bumped to version 21...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcyNDI
    How is Mir Going to work out side of moblie? Seeing how hand sets only have a few resolution's and desktop computers have thousands and, the upcoming cheap 4K's how is the coding going to work seeing how it's coded as one unit?? sounds like to me it maybe over 5 years before it's ready.

  3. #3

    Default

    Only 0.3? That's like 0.1 per year. At this rate Mir 1.0 won't be available until Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krysto View Post
    Only 0.3? That's like 0.1 per year. At this rate Mir 1.0 won't be available until Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
    You realize that version numbers on open source projects can behave different? Like APT getting its 1.0 release after 16 years, but being fully functional in the meantime?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Use wayland already.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vim_User View Post
    You realize that version numbers on open source projects can behave different? Like APT getting its 1.0 release after 16 years, but being fully functional in the meantime?
    And additional it is important to remember that these version numbers are not floating point numbers. The value after the dot is not in tenths of a point, it is a completely separate entity.

    If a project is at verion 0.3, its next version can very well be 1.0
    If a project is at version 0.9, its next version can very well be 0.10

    Cheers,
    _

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •