Thread: ALSA 1.0.28 Released

Default ALSA 1.0.28 Released

Phoronix: ALSA 1.0.28 Released

A new update to the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) is finally available...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcyMjY

No ctxfi improvements. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    They have done about as much as they can do with the slim amount of documentation that creative provided.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    They have done about as much as they can do with the slim amount of documentation that creative provided.
    I still miss how things were in the past with Creative Labs. They used to have a management who cared about open source, but after the Audigys, that changed.

Owner of the last Creative Labs sound card fully supported under Linux, the Sound Blaster Live!.

And CA0132 (Recon3D and SB Z).

Quote Originally Posted by marciocr View Post
    And CA0132 (Recon3D and SB Z).
    And ironically this should be the easier to support because they are just hda intel codec cards with a dsp.

Windows have sound with this cards without any creative driver installed, you just can't play with dsp effects.

This shows how bad linux sound support is, when a basic hda intel cards doesn't function right.

Also Creative support is pretty horrible and they don't care about linux and their users.

I have a Creative SB X-Fi Titanium, and the microphone doesn't work. It also doesn't mute the speakers when I plug in headphones. These are simple, very expected things.
    I'm probably moving to an Asus Xonar of some kind in the future.

This is only ALSA userspace changes. The stuff you want is probably at kernel level: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/sound/pci

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    This is only ALSA userspace changes. The stuff you want is probably at kernel level: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/sound/pci
    I'm not really certain whether the issues (for instance, a high-pitched chirp every time PulseAudio starts) are at kernel or userland level... And the kernel seems to have just one commit that actually fixes something ever since version 3.6. :\