Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wayland 1.6 & GNOME 3.14 Are Shaping Up Well

Quote Originally Posted by alazar View Post
    Says the one who needs to insult others for expresing their opinions.
    Says the man who calls something shit and then hides behind a tacked on "no offence" claim. No matter what is being argued that is intellectually dishonest if nothing else. At least psychoticmeow is open about being abrasive.

Quote Originally Posted by magika View Post
    Lack of task bar, only available as 3rd party extension. Current window switching makes your head spin if you have open many terminals or editors. minigame "find the one you need".
    All of the GNOME Classic extensions are officially backed by the GNOME project and are not supplied by a third-party.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    All of the GNOME Classic extensions are officially backed by the GNOME project and are not supplied by a third-party.
    That is no GNOME Classic I am talking about, but an user made extension https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/584/taskbar/
    GNOME Classic surely offers classic taskbar but at the cost of screen height as it adds additional panel at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    Says the man who calls something shit and then hides behind a tacked on "no offence" claim. No matter what is being argued that is intellectually dishonest if nothing else. At least psychoticmeow is open about being abrasive.
    It's my opinion and I have the freedom and right to express myself. If you wanna think somebody is authorized to insult other people because of their opinions, well, it's all up to you.
    Last edited by alazar; 06-15-2014 at 05:30 PM.

It's my opinion and I have the freedom and right to express myself. If you wanna think somebody is authorized to insult other people because of their opinions, well, it's all up to you.
    I don't need to be 'authorized' to tell you to you're being an idiot. You could've tried to defend your opinion regardless (although I don't think you reasonably can) but instead chose to whine about how offensive the word 'idiot' is.

There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, even an inflammatory one. What I do hold as being intellectually dishonest is for you to say something is shit and then act like you were not trying to be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by magika View Post
    nautilus
    bad:
    -No dual pane view. You can't even open tabs.
    Yes you can. Then you can treate those tab titles like shortcut to that folder during drag&drop operarions which remves need for dual panes. Just drag files over the tab and release to move files there. You can even drag the tab out of window to make it new window like in web browsers. Nautilus is much better than people seem to realize. Using anything else feels like going back ten years.