Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: GTK+ Gets A New Default Theme

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,636

    Default GTK+ Gets A New Default Theme

    Phoronix: GTK+ Gets A New Default Theme

    The latest change abound for GNOME 3.14 is a new default theme for the GTK+ tool-kit...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcxOTg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    46

    Default

    The long-standing default "Raleigh" theme has finally been replaced by the more modern "Adwaita" theme that is very simple, depends on no theme engine, and is lightweight in terms of resource consumption.
    Actually, the Phoronix article got those mixed up, those are the only advantages "Raleigh" had.

    (Just in case someone reads the article and forums but doesn't check the blog post.)

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielYYZ View Post
    Actually, the Phoronix article got those mixed up, those are the only advantages "Raleigh" had.

    (Just in case someone reads the article and forums but doesn't check the blog post.)
    Whoops, writing quickly && not thinking while packing office, etc. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16

    Default

    With these sliders and tabs it looks quite similar to the Plasma Next theme currently in development.
    I like it!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I'm still not a fan of the Adwaita theme, especially the Window Controls.

    They seem very... candyish.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,332

    Default

    So pretty trumps resource use. CSS parsing is not exactly lightweight by any measure.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Britoid View Post
    I'm still not a fan of the Adwaita theme, especially the Window Controls.

    They seem very... candyish.
    It's terribly ugly. And everything is huge, as if it were built for touchscreens, though virtually nobody uses Gnome with a touchscreen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by molecule-eye View Post
    It's terribly ugly. And everything is huge, as if it were built for touchscreens, though virtually nobody uses Gnome with a touchscreen.
    It's not the size that bothers me, it's the colours and gradients.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I like new theme. At least, it is more better than Raleigh.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Heh, i use non engine gtk3 theme (not needing nothing Fancytm ) . Seems to me if that will be slow i will get rid of gtk soon .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •