Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Wine 1.7.20 Finally Released, Brings X11 Drag & Drop Fixes

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    maybe they just ignore Nouveau because so few people use it? idk :/
    Or because at this point, it's basically useless. Once they get reclocking working, it might be faster than the closed-source driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    we could convince Intel to add such a state tracker to it's driver...
    It might be possible, but then they'd have to play catch up with Gallium3D, what would be better is if they converted their codebase to Gallium3D or switched to the ilo driver and improved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daktyl198 View Post
    (wouldn't it be funny if the Linux drivers could provide better D3D performance than the Windows ones? >.<)
    Indeed, and probably would too.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Another Wine update came out from the openSUSE repo, drag&drop still isn't working with Notepad++.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexilion View Post
    That is not entirely true. Once the amount of changes becomes low, the build system will detect that some files have not changed and skip rebuilding parts of the tree.

    Besides, 15 minutes is minor. Ever tried bisecting a kernel on ~10 yr old machine? (distcc for the win btw...)
    The last time I did Wine bisecting, I had to run configure in each step (because they added/removed files/config options, and the auto-re-run was borked somehow), or the build would fail. Running configure prompted a full rebuild.

    Sure I could have wasted time trying to build first, failing, running configure and a full build, but that would have been even more frustrating. The kernel is much more well behaved in that sense, it almost never forces a full rebuild.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default POL

    You could try binary WINE versions from Play on Linux...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinoto View Post
    I was excited when he mentioned the drag&drop functionality was finally fixed, so I updated Wine... it's still broken
    I use Wine to run Notepad++ for development, but recently drag&drop stopped working, so I had to add entry to dolphin's "Open With" context menu, unfortunately that's dependent on the extension (which I could also add the option for), so for non-php files I press Shift+F4 to bring up a terminal and type "npp file" (I have an alias for it in ~/bin/).
    Please describe that problem in detail, I want to try and fix it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dacha View Post
    Please describe that problem in detail, I want to try and fix it.
    Well I used to be able to open Notepad++ and Dolphin (KDE's file manager), then drag a file from Dolphin and release onto Notepad++, and then the file would be opened in Notepad++. Sometimes it wouldn't work, but if I had it maximized, it would always work to drop a file in the upper left area of the program. But now when I do that, it is completely ignored. Not really sure what to say about it beyond that :/

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by chinoto View Post
    Well I used to be able to open Notepad++ and Dolphin (KDE's file manager), then drag a file from Dolphin and release onto Notepad++, and then the file would be opened in Notepad++. Sometimes it wouldn't work, but if I had it maximized, it would always work to drop a file in the upper left area of the program. But now when I do that, it is completely ignored. Not really sure what to say about it beyond that :/
    Thank you. I had a look. The problem is that Windows seems to always use window-relative coordinates for the point where the files were dropped, but Wine uses screen-relative coordinates, and Notepad++ doesn't check what coordinate type is in use. Patch submitted at http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/105219 and you can follow Wine bug 28557 for progress.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dacha View Post
    Thank you. I had a look. The problem is that Windows seems to always use window-relative coordinates for the point where the files were dropped, but Wine uses screen-relative coordinates, and Notepad++ doesn't check what coordinate type is in use. Patch submitted at http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/105219 and you can follow Wine bug 28557 for progress.
    Wow, thanks! OSS is great Hopefully a new version comes out with your patch soon

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    My version finally has it fixed! Thank you dacha!
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_13.1/
    wine 1.7.23-355.1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •