• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, good point. AMD 780. Accept no substitutes

Thank you.
    Test signature

Comment

Well there are Nvidia onboard solutions too, you can even put a much faster Intel CPU in there... If only compiz is needed Intel onboard is nice too.

Comment

Nespresso. What else?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Well there are Nvidia onboard solutions too...
          Yes, they even have the same part number (780 vs 780). That's what we were trying to clear up
          Test signature

Comment

Mayte the dices haven been thrown on the same table for both

Comment

780-based board? Sorry I'm not up to scratch with motherboards >_<

Comment

It means any board with the 780G chipset, like this ASROCK or this ECS. If you want to see them on Newegg, this link should show you the list of boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Spain View Post
                  It means any board with the 780G chipset, like this ASROCK or this ECS. If you want to see them on Newegg, this link should show you the list of boards.
                  Actually I think he was referring to the ATI 780G chipset vs the Nvidia 780a chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Well there are Nvidia onboard solutions too, you can even put a much faster Intel CPU in there... If only compiz is needed Intel onboard is nice too.
                    Personally, I would avoid any new Intel(X3000 or above) IGP. My friend with an X3100 had a terrible experience with Compiz, or any slight gaming with them.

Comment

I saw no huge problems with beryl but of course for games which need GLSL you would be better of with Nvidia. It must be clear that onboard gfx is not for the latest games generation, but up to Q3 engine and variants it should do.

Comment

Working...
                      X