Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crytek Is Still In Need Of Linux Engine Help

Phoronix: Crytek Is Still In Need Of Linux Engine Help

While Crytek's Linux efforts are coming along well with natively supporting CryENGINE on Linux with an OpenGL renderer, they're still in need of more help...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, last time they were recruiting, it took them almost 4 months just to respond that they're not interested. So this time it's me who's not interested.

Comment

Open source it and let the community do some of the work, a la UE4.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know

Originally posted by IneQuation View Post
        Well, last time they were recruiting, it took them almost 4 months just to respond that they're not interested. So this time it's me who's not interested.
        It's probably because you were the only that applied for the job. I bet they'll go out of business now that you're no longer interested... I mean, now that I know you're no longer interested, I'm not either. In fact, I'm giving away all my cryengine games right now.

Comment

Originally posted by aschmidtm View Post
          It's probably because you were the only that applied for the job. I bet they'll go out of business now that you're no longer interested... I mean, now that I know you're no longer interested, I'm not either. In fact, I'm giving away all my cryengine games right now.
          I appreciate the sarcasm. However, it's kind of a bad standard of AAA studios recruiting. I pretty much fit the job description, including experience in the games industry, and it still took them so long that I had been already working at Nordic Games for weeks before they even replied.

Comment

Still better then when they don't replay

Comment

Originally posted by aschmidtm View Post

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                Open source it and let the community do some of the work, a la UE4.
                Actually freeing it (as in freedom) would be more appreciated. UE4 is nothing more than ?shared source?.

Comment

Sarcasm?

Originally posted by IneQuation View Post
                  I appreciate the sarcasm. However, it's kind of a bad standard of AAA studios recruiting. I pretty much fit the job description, including experience in the games industry, and it still took them so long that I had been already working at Nordic Games for weeks before they even replied.
                  Right on, I'm glad you have found work. I don't know (crytek) their workload. Recently, they seem to have been reaching out to different demographics, diversifying their market. I can't imagine how many people (suppliers, vendors, etc.) they've been working with.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                    Actually freeing it (as in freedom) would be more appreciated. UE4 is nothing more than ?shared source?.
                    It would be nice, but it would also be nice if design companies gave all their CAD files away and Microsoft released their Office source code under a Free licence. Shared source is about the best you can hope for when a company earns its bread and butter from its code.

With respect to response times for job adverts, it would be sensible to remember that in Germany job applications often move very slowly. Whilst 4 months is a long time, their guidance says that if you haven't heard back in a number of weeks you should take it as a rejection, so the fact that you got a reply is a courtesy. Going 6 months from application to starting isn't wildly uncommon in Germany (where a 3-month notice period is nothing to bat an eyelid at), particularly since a lot of companies may not even start looking at applications until they've stopped advertising the position.

Comment

Working...
                    X