Crytek Is Still In Need Of Linux Engine Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still?

Still? esh...I guess nobody is interested in the Crytek games on Linux. Something big like this you would figure Linux coders would be coming out of the woodwork.

Comment

Originally posted by IneQuation View Post
      However, it's kind of a bad standard of AAA studios recruiting. I pretty much fit the job description, including experience in the games industry, and it still took them so long that I had been already working at Nordic Games for weeks before they even replied.
      Just right when LinkedIn is having a post about how much follow-up is important and is really a basic form of politeness.

Yup, whether you are a small family shop looking to hire some help, or if you are a huge and highly valuated global enterprise like Google, things are the same: you *need* to keep good contact with your recrutee and process their files rapidly and give decent feed-back.
      (Even if the feed-back is: "we don't have an immediate need for you, but we actually want to keep your file around over next couple of week before giving a definitive answer because you might be useful somehow in another position" or "please accept our apologies, we have recieved 5'276 application since to opening of the position, and we're still only half way through processing them, we'll come back to you in a couple of weeks to keep you informed with the progress").

Not giving proper feed-back gives the impression that a company is neglectful of its employee or is over-confident in its value.

The result is that this gives a bad rep to the enterprise, and highly valuable potential employee would prefere to hunt jobs somewhere else and not come back.

Inequation sounds like a decent programmer, but Crytek have definitely lost him. In short term, Crytek doesn't care, they've had enough application to pick from. Eventually in the long term, that why Google ends-up attracting more people (They actually actively keep contact with former candidates)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
        Still? esh...I guess nobody is interested in the Crytek games on Linux. Something big like this you would figure Linux coders would be coming out of the woodwork.
        It's not the same opening as before - it's a new one. I'm surprised there aren't more people here applying. Though I guess they might be and just not posting about it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
          It's not the same opening as before - it's a new one. I'm surprised there aren't more people here applying. Though I guess they might be and just not posting about it :-)
          Well, not everybody lives in Germany.

Comment

@Michael: Apfelwein? It's called "?ppler" (btw.: ? is pronounced like the a in apple (the company))

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
              @Michael: Apfelwein? It's called "?ppler" (btw.: ? is pronounced like the a in apple (the company))
              Calling it Apfelwein is perfectly fine. But since Frankfurt is in Hessen (where somebody once insisted I pronounced "gut" as "gude"), "Ebbelwoi" is also used. Not heard ?ppler, but I'm not surprised there's another word :-)

Then there's the Ebbelwei-Express (a tram that serves cider and gives tours of the city).

? isn't pronounced the the a in Apple, it's closer to 'e' in bend or the "ea" in bear (though regional accents will affect that).

Comment

You silly people and your silly languages with ambiguous pronunciation. Just switch to a phonetic alphabet already and be done with your spelling bees and whatnot. Ask any Finnish first-grader if you don't know what I'm talking about.

No need to feed the troll, I'm full. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Du...

Originally posted by tuubi View Post
                  You silly people and your silly languages with ambiguous pronunciation. Just switch to a phonetic alphabet already and be done with your spelling bees and whatnot. Ask any Finnish first-grader if you don't know what I'm talking about.

No need to feed the troll, I'm full. Thanks anyway.
                  Du hast mich

Comment

Working...
                  X