• Time
  • Show
Clear All

another fedora 18?

fedora 18 again?

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
      fedora 18 again?
      this time Anaconda isnt so badly done. . i dunno why the delay as Fedora took a 9month release cycle to get everything in, now it looks like that wont happen, but IMO i dont mind an extra month, as long asd its 1 month only an no longer or it'll be a staninbg joke

Comment

According to http://worldofgnome.org/living-with-fedora-rawhide/ I'm afriad I'm going to use the Alpha version as long as it's released.

Comment

i only waiting for this because..

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          this time Anaconda isnt so badly done. . i dunno why the delay as Fedora took a 9month release cycle to get everything in, now it looks like that wont happen, but IMO i dont mind an extra month, as long asd its 1 month only an no longer or it'll be a staninbg joke

i only waiting for this because of wayland, i don't use fedora since f17 but i'm curious to see if wayland make me come back...

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
            According to http://worldofgnome.org/living-with-fedora-rawhide/ I'm afriad I'm going to use the Alpha version as long as it's released.
            only way to use Rawhide an thats in a Virtualbox type thing but i would expect F21 to be pretty stable even at Alpha time

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
              i only waiting for this because of wayland, i don't use fedora since f17 but i'm curious to see if wayland make me come back...
              dont expect Wayland to be the default. it may well be that for 3.16 . still a lot of porting to be done in Gnome3 to make it default to wayland, if i ever left Fedora, i'd go to OpenSuse, this might be silly but at the moment there is no Enlightenment maintainer an i gotta have that or i gotta use OpenSuse enlightenment repo's

Comment

Better late than buggy

Better for the distribution to be thoroughly tested than for it to be released with blocker bugs such as the kernel null pointer dereference crash in Ubuntu 14.04 (Google ubuntu 14.04 bug unable to handle kernel null pointer dereference).

Comment

Originally posted by Rezza View Post
                  Plasma 5 (yes, it's now called 5;-) is planned for Fedora 22. This change is only for KF5 - so frameworks only. Sorry for undo of your day ;-).
                  Most likely Plasma-next will be available for F21 using the Fedora-KDE (AKA KDE-RedHat) testing repository.
                  This repository is maintained as a testing ground by the Fedora-KDE SIG group and used to test the current+1 version of KDE on current Fedora releases (and RHEL).

- Gilboa
                  oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                  oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                  oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                  Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                  X