Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's Already Talk Of Fedora 21 Being Delayed

Phoronix: There's Already Talk Of Fedora 21 Being Delayed

Fedora 20 was released last December and the Fedora 21 schedule puts the next release as no earlier than mid-October, but there's already a call for delaying this next version of Fedora Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: There's Already Talk Of Fedora 21 Being Delayed[/URL]
    Fedora + Delay is a marriage..

(just kidding don't start the war please!)

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      Fedora + Delay is a marriage..

(just kidding don't start the war please!)
      I would be all for a delay if it meant getting Plasma 2 and KF5 into the repos for the KDE spin, that would be perfect as far as I was concerned.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Make Gnome-Wayland default and all is forgiven. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          I would be all for a delay if it meant getting Plasma 2 and KF5 into the repos for the KDE spin, that would be perfect as far as I was concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by SolidSteel144 View Post
            Make Gnome-Wayland default and all is forgiven. :P

Comment

Huh, don't know why I never saw that.. Oh well, Rahul you just made my day. Danke.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Personally I really don't mind a delay for F21. There are so many changes in every aspect of the platform that make the delay perfectly normal. It's not like delaying the release will bring the end of the world any day sooner. Also I have to disagree about F20 showing its age. Kernels, mesa, firefox and many other key packages are updated to the latest release already and every desktop and laptop machine I own are running rock solid. So a big thank you to all the developers involved for the awesome work!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  Huh, don't know why I never saw that.. Oh well, Rahul you just made my day. Danke.
                  Plasma 5 (yes, it's now called 5;-) is planned for Fedora 22. This change is only for KF5 - so frameworks only. Sorry for undo of your day ;-).

Comment

doesnt surprise me fedora21 being delayed but it may workout better that its delayed than released in october. OpenSuse13.2 wont be released till November sometime anyway, but if i was Fedora, i'd get rid of some Features that arent deff not gonna be ready in time. or f21 might be a early 2015 release if you guys dont do that

there is also little talk that xserver1.15 may hit F20 , going from what Adam Jaxkson has said it can be done https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipe...ne/199848.html read these messages about it
                    Last edited by Anvil; 11 June 2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X