Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: There's Already Talk Of Fedora 21 Being Delayed

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Porto
    Posts
    249

    Default another fedora 18?

    fedora 18 again?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkinho View Post
    fedora 18 again?
    this time Anaconda isnt so badly done. . i dunno why the delay as Fedora took a 9month release cycle to get everything in, now it looks like that wont happen, but IMO i dont mind an extra month, as long asd its 1 month only an no longer or it'll be a staninbg joke

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    124

    Default

    According to http://worldofgnome.org/living-with-fedora-rawhide/ I'm afriad I'm going to use the Alpha version as long as it's released.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Porto
    Posts
    249

    Default i only waiting for this because..

    Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    this time Anaconda isnt so badly done. . i dunno why the delay as Fedora took a 9month release cycle to get everything in, now it looks like that wont happen, but IMO i dont mind an extra month, as long asd its 1 month only an no longer or it'll be a staninbg joke


    i only waiting for this because of wayland, i don't use fedora since f17 but i'm curious to see if wayland make me come back...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zxy_thf View Post
    According to http://worldofgnome.org/living-with-fedora-rawhide/ I'm afriad I'm going to use the Alpha version as long as it's released.
    only way to use Rawhide an thats in a Virtualbox type thing but i would expect F21 to be pretty stable even at Alpha time

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkinho View Post
    i only waiting for this because of wayland, i don't use fedora since f17 but i'm curious to see if wayland make me come back...
    dont expect Wayland to be the default. it may well be that for 3.16 . still a lot of porting to be done in Gnome3 to make it default to wayland, if i ever left Fedora, i'd go to OpenSuse, this might be silly but at the moment there is no Enlightenment maintainer an i gotta have that or i gotta use OpenSuse enlightenment repo's

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Chandigarh, India
    Posts
    1

    Default Better late than buggy

    Better for the distribution to be thoroughly tested than for it to be released with blocker bugs such as the kernel null pointer dereference crash in Ubuntu 14.04 (Google ubuntu 14.04 bug unable to handle kernel null pointer dereference).

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezza View Post
    Plasma 5 (yes, it's now called 5;-) is planned for Fedora 22. This change is only for KF5 - so frameworks only. Sorry for undo of your day ;-).
    Most likely Plasma-next will be available for F21 using the Fedora-KDE (AKA KDE-RedHat) testing repository.
    This repository is maintained as a testing ground by the Fedora-KDE SIG group and used to test the current+1 version of KDE on current Fedora releases (and RHEL).

    - Gilboa
    DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB, GTX780, F20/x86_64, Dell U2711.
    SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F20/x86_64, Dell U2412..
    BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F20/x86-64.
    LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F20/x86_64.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •