Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIPS For Linux 3.16 Gets Big Changes

Phoronix: MIPS For Linux 3.16 Gets Big Changes

The MIPS architecture pull for the Linux 3.16 merge window pull is full of prominent changes for this next kernel version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Up to 120GHz of computing.

Shame on You for repeating this PR stunt.

(Hz DO NOT ADD ACROSS CORES)

Comment

It's 2.5Ghz and 48 cores.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
        (Hz DO NOT ADD ACROSS CORES)
        That's true. A news site can't copy and paste PR stunts.

Comment

While we're at it;

HZ IS NOT A VALID METRIC FOR 'PROCESSING!'

IOPS or FLOPS are a sensible units of 'processing' if you really want one. Hz is the unit for frequency. I can make a transistor flick on and off at some ludicrous number of GHz, and it'll do no computation whatsoever.

I do often wonder what the point the 'news' articles on here is - they're scraped word-for-word off blog posts, that I have to read anyway because there's no attempt to provide any context (no, 15 links to other contextless copypasta'd blog post 'articles' doesn't count!).
          It might be good for aggregation - except for the complete lack of sanity/relevance/credibility checking as shown here, and the triplicate clickbait 'articles' for every minor, entirely unexplained change in something that was copypasta'd before.

OTOH, the benchmarks are really good most of the time. So are the very occasional hardware reviews. And the comments on the occasional news article that addresses something interesting. So please, apply some real editorialism (context, non-technical summaries, etc) to less articles that are actually worth reading, rather than blindly copying posts full of domain-specific acronyms or unverified wibbling straight onto your own pages.

Comment

Working...
          X