No announcement yet.

CPU Temperature brain storming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pea sized can sometimes be a bit larger than some think... You don't want anywhere near excessive when it comes to thermal paste... if anything, you want less than more, from my experience as the more you overdo it, the more the temperature rises.

Also, thermal paste or different thermal pastes really don't make that big of a difference. It's only you when you do something extraordinarily stupid like cake the stuff on there or put none at all (which some people actually do...). Just make sure it's a very thin layer of thermal paste... use alcohol of a high percentage to clean... and place heatsink straight onto CPU (try not to fidget too much).

Comment

I had some abnormally hot temps the first time I stuck my 212 evo in my system. Turns out I didn't use enough thermal paste. If it seems too hot, take off the heat sink and make sure the thermal paste is spread evenly. Also tighten the heat sink in an diagonal pattern to get all the screws level with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        On the CPU I'm just wiping it clean with some tissues, on the Cooler ive been using a slightly damp cloth to wipe it clean and then following it up with a microfiber towel to dry it and get up any left overs.

Vcore Voltage = ~1.308V
        DRRAM Voltae = ~1.656V (Ram is manufactured to run at 2133mhz)

I will say that RIGHT NOW, BIOS is showing my CPU temp as being 41C-- so at least its doing a little better. The system temp is sitting at 32C . Its also cooler in the house now than when I made this thread... could this just be an issue of ambient temperature? When I put this together it was February or March, so early spring for me.
        you can drop the cpu voltage to 1.2
        also turn off overdrive crap

the gpu still should use more power

bdw i got a 212 evo on a 125W cpu (not apu)
        it's great, rarely goes over minimum 600rpm

PS sensor could be wrong, try touching it (i doubt it is thou)

Comment

Barely over 600rpm? Geez, mine is at 1440 rpm right now. What CPU do you have? Also, do you have the stock fan?

Comment

Okay so the Arctic Silver 5 dropped the temps a few degree, much closer to what it was before. I can't pull up the exact temps right now since a couple days after the AS5 came in, I had to RMA the RAM because the one stick was throwing errors. Still not where it was at originally, but for this moment its doing better..
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Have you ever overclocked your pc???

Buy some good tune-up software/tools,or upgrade your hardware spec..

Comment

^^^ Reported.

Comment

Working...
                X