Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Is Coming To SteamOS, Linux

Phoronix: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Is Coming To SteamOS, Linux

For anyone firing up Steam today for some weekend gaming, you may notice there's a large advertisement on Steam's main page with a notice that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to SteamOS (Linux)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Another game to the catalog. Yeah!

Comment

I'll wait until I know it's native before I'll buy this time, wont make same mistake I made with Witcher 2. I've got Linux and Windows on here and not wanting to switch to Windows to play my games unless it's absolutely neccessary. You could argue that I should be happy Witcher 2 is available on Linux at all, the fact it's not native means I still have to switch to Windows to get a better experience

Comment

I hope they turn eON OFF this time.

Comment

winecher 3?

Comment

They should have bothered to port it natively if they were planning to release both 2 and 3 on Linux...

Comment

Are you running nv graphics?

Originally posted by zimano View Post
              I'll wait until I know it's native before I'll buy this time, wont make same mistake I made with Witcher 2. I've got Linux and Windows on here and not wanting to switch to Windows to play my games unless it's absolutely neccessary. You could argue that I should be happy Witcher 2 is available on Linux at all, the fact it's not native means I still have to switch to Windows to get a better experience
              I was thinking of picking this game up, and am running a gtx660. If you are running an nv board, can you share with me what makes you revert to windows?

Comment

Originally posted by zimano View Post
                I'll wait until I know it's native before I'll buy this time, wont make same mistake I made with Witcher 2.
                It's suppose to be DX11 game, so unless someone has DX11 compatible Wine somewhere in their basement, W3 has to be a native port (opengl renderer or something like Valve's toGL)

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                  It's suppose to be DX11 game, so unless someone has DX11 compatible Wine somewhere in their basement, W3 has to be a native port (opengl renderer or something like Valve's toGL)
                  Witcher 2 is DX9.

Comment

Originally posted by iniudan View Post
                    Witcher 2 is DX9.
                    I think he is talking about Witcher 3.

I don't care if a game uses some kind of wrapper as long as the performance is the same as on Windows on the same settings +/- 5% and your not missing out on functionality like coop multiplayer.

Comment

Working...
                    X