Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server "Strawberry Shortcake" Released

Phoronix: X.Org Server "Strawberry Shortcake" Released

Keith Packard has made available the latest development version of X.Org Server 1.16...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Liar

It is just a development release, it is not really released!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Strawberry Shortcake is the codename for his latest development version. It was released. I didn't say anywhere that 1.16 final was released.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I agree. The title made me think that too.

Comment

Sweet!
          Hi

Comment

Strawberry Shortcake

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
            Sweet!
            With a development release name like that it sure is sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Strawberry Shortcake is the codename for his latest development version. It was released. I didn't say anywhere that 1.16 final was released.
              This article feels like clickbait.

Comment

I think people are being way to picky about the title.

Comment

Title confusing..

The reason the title is misleading is because, from the title alone, you can't tell if it is a development version or a stable release.. Lots of projects have names for stable releases too, and not just development versions.. So unless some one is already very familiar with x.org, they wouldn't be able to determine whether "strawberry shortcake" is a dev or stable release.. And if you ARE involved in x.org enough to know that, then you were probably already aware of its status before reading this phoronix article..

Personally, I would rather the title have been "X.Org Server 1.15.99.903 Released", because that to me would have been more obvious about it being a development release..
                  Oh well, too late now..I have already clicked on the article and have had the ads permanently seared in to my frontal lobe.. (Just kidding..adblock saved me..because it cares..)

Comment

This article feels like clickbait.
                    If It looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it probably is a duck.

I notice I'm actively not clicking most phoronix articles from my rss feeds because most of them are empty anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X