Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiper DVI-to-HDMI Cable

Phoronix: Hiper DVI-to-HDMI Cable

Back in 2005 we were introduced to Hiper Group, a company that started out in the United Kingdom with dedication towards delivering the best quality, design, technology, and price for every Hiper product. We had reviewed the Clavier Aluminum Keyboard and Type-R Modular PSU from Hiper, but since then they have turned to offering an impressive variety of power supplies, case fans, cases, and other computer peripherals. While a simple product, one of their newer creations is a DVI to HDMI cable. This cable is made of 24 gauge wire with EMI shielding and gold-plated connectors, but at an affordable price.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You might want to mention in the article that the cable will not transport the audio. This can become a problem when using it to hook up say a home pc to a tv set as some tvsets when HDMI input is used it also expects to find the audio signal on that connection as well.

Comment

It's kind of difficult to get audio output on the DVI port of the graphics card, right? I mean, it's DVI>HDMI, not HDMI-HDMI, whereby the graphics card in the PC would take care of the audio (by either passing it through from the soundcard, or by onboard solutions)

But yes, average Joe might think it transports audio just because it's HDMI.

Comment

Well maybe someone will get the idea to create a cable with spdif connector for audio and dvi for video.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Well maybe someone will get the idea to create a cable with spdif connector for audio and dvi for video.
          Yeah, that would be nice. (both optical & coax)

Comment

Originally posted by fackamato View Post
            It's kind of difficult to get audio output on the DVI port of the graphics card, right? I mean, it's DVI>HDMI, not HDMI-HDMI, whereby the graphics card in the PC would take care of the audio (by either passing it through from the soundcard, or by onboard solutions)

But yes, average Joe might think it transports audio just because it's HDMI.

I just mention it because it seems to be a common question in AV forums as to why people do not get sound through HDMI through similar cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Those are already out there. For example:

Comment

This cable won't get around HDCP restrictions that limit my HDTV monitor, by chance?

Comment

Working...
                X