Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
    I have the same setup
    Plus a NUC for the TV, and well, the i5 raid box doesn't really count as low power, but it can run ouwncloud reasonably well in a VM, and probably idles at 15-20W.
    I've got a Asus C60M1 (Brazos, cost $60!) for my file-server. CPU's a little light and KDE on openSuse probably isn't the wisest choice =D (much waste of resources much!), but it's crackin along. Runs well in my dry-tropic environment, and quiet too.

I was considering a Raspberry Pi set up for the telly, something like this; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Raspberry...item2c73c891c2.

Can take it anywhere, plug USB HDD's in for quick fix shows, or file copies, and next to nothing in power. Not to bad a price, I suppose. Not to sure about the NUC's as everyone's saying their a bit plicey for their performance?
    Last edited by stiiixy; 07 June 2014, 01:32 AM.
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by raster View Post
      libreoffice uses qt for its ui? HA!. no. where did you get that information?

$ ldd `find /usr/lib/libreoffice` | grep -i qt | wc -l
      Libreoffice *can* use Qt for rendering its UI, for KDE and LXQt style integration.
      Whether or not it actually does depends on the options you pass to configure at build time, and the plugins you have installed at runtime.

Qt rendering is done by libvclplug_kde4lo.so (many distributions package this separately so Qt users can see LO in the native style while others don't have to drag in a dependency on Qt).

As for Android support, ironically one of the things that would be the most painful are the Java bits in LO -- getting Dalvik/libART to run those bits is somewhat tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by berolinux View Post
        Libreoffice *can* use Qt for rendering its UI, for KDE and LXQt style integration.
        Whether or not it actually does depends on the options you pass to configure at build time, and the plugins you have installed at runtime.

Qt rendering is done by libvclplug_kde4lo.so (many distributions package this separately so Qt users can see LO in the native style while others don't have to drag in a dependency on Qt).

As for Android support, ironically one of the things that would be the most painful are the Java bits in LO -- getting Dalvik/libART to run those bits is somewhat tricky.
        but it doesn't "use qt" for it's ui - like konsole does etc. - it is not qt based. you don't suddenly have all the qt portability handling. libreoffice has plugins to use gtk or qt to render some decorations - like button bevels etc. and uses functions in qt or gtk to get it done. the toolkit is still its own compiled-in toolkit, so at best you get some half-baked similarity in look to your other qt or gtk apps, but the rest is still libreoffice (with the exceptions of the file selector which is a separate qt or gtk window where everything is fully baked).

Comment

Working...
        X