• Time
  • Show
Clear All

amd

lol amd can't do something right

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
      lol amd can't do something right
      I think it comes down to poor documentation. As was said previously in the thread, one team of devs writes the drivers and then leaves the company and another team of devs is left with trying to understand how the code was written. It's like the broken telephone! Could someone that had an experience with ATI years past comment how similar was that with AMD nowadays?!

Comment

Added two low-ends (HD 6450 and FX 580) plus a laptop (GT740M) - http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-1405314PL18 - ain't much of OpenCL computing.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          What distribution are you using? Generally, PTS will auto-install the necessary dependencies. In this case it isn't able to install OpenCL/GLUT development packages... Likely due to either being some obscure distribution (if so, please provide the necessary information and can add support) or running an older Linux distribution that doesn't have these packages.
          I'm using Arch (64-bit with multilib), bang up-to-date. I'm not sure it's a problem with PTS though as I'm getting others too related to graphics in general.

The missing glut dependency issue disappeared when I installed freeglut. But the missing dependency for OpenCL is still there, even though I have libcl installed.

FYI I have this bug:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=78242

Could an issue with Mesa/r600 cause an OpenCL problem? I'm guessing this is where the issue lies, or thereabouts. Going to do some further reading now...

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            I'm using Arch (64-bit with multilib), bang up-to-date. I'm not sure it's a problem with PTS though as I'm getting others too related to graphics in general.

The missing glut dependency issue disappeared when I installed freeglut. But the missing dependency for OpenCL is still there, even though I have libcl installed.

FYI I have this bug:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=78242

Could an issue with Mesa/r600 cause an OpenCL problem? I'm guessing this is where the issue lies, or thereabouts. Going to do some further reading now...
            I'm only guessing, but perhaps what you have installed is the ICD loader, not the OpenCL implementation itself for the device/s you have in your system. In Arch, libcl contains an ICD loader, which serves as a central hub for vendor libraries. OpenCL still has to be provided by, at least, one vendor - which can be Mesa, AMD, NVIDIA, or whatever. I think, however, that Arch builds Mesa without OpenCL support.

There's more information in the Arch Wiki article.

Comment

Wasn't OpenCL supposed to overcome these platform specific stuff in first place?

Comment

Working...
              X