The 60+ GPUs For The Biggest-Ever Linux GPU Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    If per-mrt blending is an r6xx+ feature, but just not R600 and GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 is part of OpenGL 3.0 specs... then it is correct if you have only 2.1 advertised by Mesa for HD 2900
    Yes, I want to be sure that glxinfo reports GL 2.1. Because currently, this is not specified anywhere. If you look at RadeonFeature web page, you expect all R600 series to be GL3.0 compliant.
    Last edited by whitecat; 31 May 2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
      Yes, I want to be sure of that. Because currently, this is not specified anywhere.
      It is specified in the code ... there are some examples i found now here on phoronix too, when games fails because of that:

When turning to the Radeon HD 2900XT was the point at which the open-source driver support wouldn't go any further. The R600 Gallium3D driver on the HD 2900XT had the OpenGL glColorMaskIndexedEXT support missing, so the games failed to start.
      Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
        If you look at RadeonFeature web page, you expect all R600 series to be GL3.0 compliant.
        Aha there ... yes there are not specified many little things, for example if i read only that i would expect HD 2900 has VDPAU/OpenMax suport implemented, but i know that that hardware even does not have UVD unit nor VCE .

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
          Michael, you should add option to tip with Bitcoin/Dogecoin and advertise that fact at respective subreddits. Not only you would drive a lot of traffic to Phoronix, but also get some extra cash from communities which will tip any project supporting their cause
          Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Working...
          X