Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 337.25 Linux Driver Supports New GPUs, X.Org Server 1.16

Phoronix: NVIDIA 337.25 Linux Driver Supports New GPUs, X.Org Server 1.16

NVIDIA released their 337.25 Linux graphics driver beta this Friday afternoon to end out their work month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael twisted my arm and forced me to buy one of those Jetson devkits to port Doom 3 so he can bench the TK1 GPU. I may have made that story up but either way I'm sitting here eagerly waiting for it to ship.

Otherwise... does anybody know if that DRI3 and Present extension work that went into X.org 1.15 was ever useful for the binary drivers? Or is it pretty much only used for the open source drivers and the binary ones do their own thing?

Comment

On my case wine works without major problems with this driver

Comment

By perfomance regression with KWin do they mean broken VSYNC and the need to use __GL_YIELD=USLEEP? If thats so I can finally ditch Mutter. I never used anything in GNOME beside window manager anyway -- you can't do any serious work with all that stuff like gedit, gnome-terminal and nautilus.

Now I wish they would let oxygen and phonon go...

Comment

I love how Canonical has completely given up on providing updated video drivers for their desktop product.

Way to go, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
            I love how Canonical has completely given up on providing updated video drivers for their desktop product.

Way to go, guys.
            Yes, Ubuntu with Nvidia sucks large! Nvidia XServer settings shows the previous driver is installed even though I installed 337.25! What a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
              Yes, Ubuntu with Nvidia sucks large! Nvidia XServer settings shows the previous driver is installed even though I installed 337.25! What a POS.
              What does the xorg log show?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                What does the xorg log show?
                Nevermind, it was fixed. I'll run some tests later.

Comment

Working...
                X