Thread: Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" Is Now Available

Default Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" Is Now Available

Phoronix: Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" Is Now Available

Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" is now available for download while we're still waiting for the official announcement...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTcwNTY

It was posted 22 hours ago and is almost assuredly another RC build as there have been several problems that cropped up, like multi-monitor support not working.

How do we know this? Because there has been no announcement that this is the final release on the homepage after 22 hours.

Let's see...

There is no download link on the official Linux Mint page. However, there is a page on the Mint community portal which only says that there's a version of both Cinnamon/MATE editions that are approved for release. But since it hasn't been announced yet, since it isn't available on the homepage, we can't know for sure.

Then there's a link on some website that is totally unrelated to Mint, which points to a mirror located in USA (you know, the nsa country). No checksums, no torrent links...

I'll pass and wait for the official announcement.

I've been using it since the RC for all work on GamingOnLinux.com and it's been rock solid for me! My favourite flavour by far.