Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running LLVMpipe With OpenGL 3.3 On Mesa 10.3-devel

Phoronix: Running LLVMpipe With OpenGL 3.3 On Mesa 10.3-devel

Here's some fresh tests of Mesa's LLVMpipe Gallium3D driver for software-based rendering. Since last month, LLVMpipe now supports OpenGL 3.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

LLVMpipe can gain nearly 20% performance in some games, sometimes he can beat nouveau or be on par with Haiku .

Comment

I see a graph for IvyBridge on OpenArena 0.8.8 but no llvmpipe results. Was llvmpipe unable to run OA 0.8.8 or did you just not test it?
      Also, the Warsow performance decreased because...? (Did newer Mesa allow some feature that took more processing power?)

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        I see a graph for IvyBridge on OpenArena 0.8.8 but no llvmpipe results. Was llvmpipe unable to run OA 0.8.8 or did you just not test it?
        Also, the Warsow performance decreased because...? (Did newer Mesa allow some feature that took more processing power?)
        is using LLVM-3.4, to be sure if it is a regresion you need LLVM-3.5svn to be sure since many features and bugfixes didn't made it to 3.4 series and aren't backportable

Comment

Performance potential?

What performance potential does LLVMpipe have?

What if there were lots of optimization work done on LLVMpipe, how much could the performance theoretically be improved?

Comment

llvmpipe is one of those projects that is just baffling to me

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
              "the main functionality of LLVMpipe is as a debugging tool for Linux graphics driver developers in having a common and hardware-independent code-path to test"

swrast is much slower, making comparisons against it as a reference much more painful.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                In addition to debugging, most of the llvmpipe code is actually written by VMWare for use with their products.

Comment

Working...
                X