Wayland LiveCD Updated Against v1.5, Uses Systemd On Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    nouveau.config=NvMSI=0 didn't help, btw I got asus, not msi.

Though, as I mentioned earlier if I pick an option below the default one in the grub menu it works, I wonder why. If you had a nouveau/pc you could workaround this issue, to me it's a matter of choosing an option below the default one and I end up with a 1920x1080 desktop resolution regardless of which resolution I choose at grub menu (I chose 2 options both worked, though the one with 1440xXXX gave a warning).
    It works because when you choose the framebuffer option, it also passes the wlmforcefbdev option, which causes the waylandloginmanager to start all Wayland server with the framebuffer option

On Virtualbox which has a real framebuffer, it sets the framebuffer size, however with kernel mode setting drivers, they provide a virtual framebuffer device that is the same size as your screen, and override the vga=xxx option.

Unfortunately, even if I did test on Nouveau before this release, it looks more like an issue with Nouveau and your card, and not something that will effect all Nvidia cards. The weston log (loginmanagerdisplay.log) showed nothing wrong, both weston-display-server and weston-desktop-shell are running, and it can't be a mesa issue, because Weston is being called with the pixman renderer for loginmanagerdisplay, I'll see what I can come up with though

In the mean time I am uploading a test ISO here http://sourceforge.net/projects/rebe...s/nouveautest/ which will finish in about an hour or so, which has menu option to pass the Nvidia workaround... When it's done uploading please try to start it just to verify?

Thanks for all the testing.

Comment

Looks like in this new iso there are 2 new options:
      Option (2) - Startup with a workaround for Nvidia/nouveau
      Option (3) - Startup forcing to a default sized framebuffer

For testing I used not only my current (rather new) videocard (GTX 560Ti, GL 4.4 capable) but also an old(er) Nvidia card - GeForce 6800GS (GL 2.1 capable) on this same computer.
      Both cards yielded the same results:
      Option (2) failed - just like with the default option.
      Option (3) worked!

I also have a Nvidia card GeForce 9600GT (GL 3.3 capable) - should I do a test with it too?

Comment

Sure.
        Can you also send me /var/log/dmesg ? I think that should have any logging from the driver itself

Thanks

Comment

I can't attach files in this forum, so send me an empty email to f35f22fan at gmail dot com and I'll reply with a zip file with 3 folders (560Ti, 9600GT, 6800GS) each has 4 files.
          The "-1" or "-3" means which option was used at the grub menu "-1" default one, "-3" the successful one with the set size framebuffer.

Btw, 9600GT yielded same results as the previous 2 videocards - first two boot options failed, 3rd one succeeded.

Comment

I can't attach files in this forum, so send me an empty email to f35f22fan at gmail dot com and I'll reply with a zip file with 3 folders (560Ti, 9600GT, 6800GS) each has 4 files.
            The "-1" or "-3" means which option was used at the grub menu "-1" default one, "-3" the successful one with the set size framebuffer.

Btw, 9600GT yielded same results as the previous 2 videocards - first two boot options failed, 3rd one succeeded.
            Hi. if you paste the contents into a site like pastebin.com ?
            The charachter limit on pastebin is very high if there even ia any

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
              Don't worry, I won't sell your email address on the black market and I promise I'm not a maniac, and I'm too lazy to learn to use pastebin and name the pastes which is which (I'm already quite tired actually of testing and such), the files are already arranged and named in proper folders.

Comment

Don't worry, I won't sell your email address on the black market and I promise I'm not a maniac, and I'm too lazy to learn to use pastebin and name the pastes which is which (I'm already quite tired actually of testing and such), the files are already arranged and named in proper folders.
                Ok. I'll send an email in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
                  Haaa... There is a limit, and a pretty low one. (Though yes, I do have logs several MB in size.)

Comment

Also, can all Nouveau users with the black screen on the previous ISO report that this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1330785 affects you, in the hopes that there can be an official backport to Ubuntu's Linux 3.13? Thanks. (Mainline 3.13 is at EOL)

Comment

Working...
                    X