Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Posts Mesa Patches For GK20A Gallium3D Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA Posts Mesa Patches For GK20A Gallium3D Support

NVIDIA has made another open-source contribution today by releasing a small set of patches needed to adjust the Nouveau Gallium3D driver to support their "GK20A" graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm almost starting to get a little bit hopeful that nvidia may be reaching a turning point with respect to open source hardware support. I'm not ready to jump in to their hardware just yet, but I think I may just start paying attention and see what happens. I would really love it if nvidia would jump in with both feet and light a fire under AMD's ass, then we could have some really accelerated open source development. Not to say that AMD isn't turning a lot of awesome, but their big target only involves making intel look foolish. Having some legitimate competition on your own level would make things really interesting.

Comment

Working...
    X