Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majod View Post
    It also hanged on my 7850.
    I just got done playing a 30-minute match of Dota 2 a little bit ago; no hangs. Was there anything in-particular you were doing when it hung?

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      I just got done playing a 30-minute match of Dota 2 a little bit ago; no hangs. Was there anything in-particular you were doing when it hung?
      Farming Anti-mage :P No, but seriously. Dota 2 has terrible performance for in with fglrx. Mesa runs seriously smoother. On the other hand, Portal 2 is as good as on Windows with fglrx, with mesa not as much.

Comment

Originally posted by majod View Post
        Farming Anti-mage :P No, but seriously. Dota 2 has terrible performance for in with fglrx. Mesa runs seriously smoother. On the other hand, Portal 2 is as good as on Windows with fglrx, with mesa not as much.
        Mesa may not be as good as fglrx for Portal 2, but I had no problems playing through the last few hours of Portal 2 on my 7850 a few weeks ago (x6 1055t, 8GB, radeonsi/llvm from xorg-edgers on ubuntu gnome 14.04). Framerates were fluid at all times.

Comment

Dota 2 on my 7850 was pretty smooth on both mesa and fglrx; I think both were around the same FPS for the most part (fglrx might of been a tiny bit higher).

Dota 2 on my laptop with 7660G + 7670M however is a different story. On fglrx, the framerate climbs up, then drops gradually, and repeats (basically, it goes between 50 and 10 FPS, kind of like a slow stutter I guess). With mesa, the FPS just remains pretty low.

Comment

All I would like..

I'll test this one, but I don't have high hopes.

All I would like is for the f*king desktop to work properly.

I've got an R9 270 - and I'd expect the thing to just run without tearing - and be able to play youtube videos - in full screen without 1980s performance.

I think I'll swap it for an NVidia card, because I need my computer to work.

Seriously - AMD: Fix your damn software or open source it so the rest of us can.

-bms

Comment

Nahh . still terrible.

Originally posted by bms20 View Post
              I'll test this one, but I don't have high hopes.

All I would like is for the f*king desktop to work properly.

I've got an R9 270 - and I'd expect the thing to just run without tearing - and be able to play youtube videos - in full screen without 1980s performance.

I think I'll swap it for an NVidia card, because I need my computer to work.

Seriously - AMD: Fix your damn software or open source it so the rest of us can.

-bms

Ok - I downloaded and installed it.

Using Kubuntu 14.04, AMD R9 270: Still cannot play youtube videos in full screen without dropping to about 1 fps.

AMD: You need to get serious about this driver!

Comment

Ok - I downloaded and installed it.

Using Kubuntu 14.04, AMD R9 270: Still cannot play youtube videos in full screen without dropping to about 1 fps.

AMD: You need to get serious about this driver!
                Let me guess. You're using Firefox with Adobe Flash 11.2? Nothing AMD can do. It uses software rendering all the time.

Chrome with its integrated Pepper Flash works perfectly fine.

Comment

Shouldn't R7 270 cards work fine with the latest foss drivers including VDPAU ? I thought only R9 290 parts are still problematic....

Comment

Well, they have, in a way...

Comment

Hmm, even if you use non accelerated non pepper flash i think you shoudn't get 1 fps . What video you are trying to play?
                      Last edited by dungeon; 27 May 2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X