Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

I installed it alond side with ubuntu 14.04 for my amd 6870 crossfire

Actually fixed lots of bugs for witcher 2 (textures and loadings). So for the game work well for me.

The update slightly improved my framerate on wine stuff as well

I hope this get packaged for fedora

Comment

Installed this on both of my machines, both running ubuntu 14.04. First one with FX-8320 and Radeon 7950, second one with A10-7850k. And both work fantastic. No issues with flash and we (me and my wife) play Dota2 together on these machines without any lags at all. (Slightly worse graphics on the a10-7810k )

But I got black screens on both machines if I run unity as DE. I switched to gnome3 (classic mode) and both run smoothly.

Comment

I had it installed for roughly 5 minutes before uninstalling it.

Dragging windows seemed snappier, however there's a graphical corruption next to the Unity launcher when I maximise Chrome on a monitor with a multiple monitor setup, it does not happen under the open source drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
          graphical corruption next to the Unity launcher when I maximise Chrome on a monitor with a multiple monitor setup
          That sound like a good description of a bug .

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
            I had it installed for roughly 5 minutes before uninstalling it.

Dragging windows seemed snappier, however there's a graphical corruption next to the Unity launcher when I maximise Chrome on a monitor with a multiple monitor setup, it does not happen under the open source drivers.
            The problem with Chrome exists also in single monitor. It appeared with Chrome 35. I already opened a thread about it in AMD linux driver section, http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...rome-35-issues

Comment

Originally posted by narciso View Post
              The problem with Chrome exists also in single monitor. It appeared with Chrome 35. I already opened a thread about it in AMD linux driver section, http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...rome-35-issues
              Yep, I have the exact same issue.

Comment

Well aura is pretty new, some of them need to fix/workaround an/other .
                Last edited by dungeon; 30 May 2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

The OpenGL performance with this driver is fantastic. Team Fortress 2 works at least as good as using Windows now with AntiAliasing. Even Vsync and Steam Overlay is working fast now, although I play without Vsync.

Comment

Originally posted by narciso View Post
                    this is affecting any OpenGL application not only chrome.

Comment

Still have the same problems with this driver than with 14.4.

) Flash-Video Performance is still horrible - seems like this can be solved with _cas' framebuffer-trick. Thanks for that hint.
                      ) Graphical corruption when scrolling fast through lists such as playlists in gmusicbrowser or file/folder-lists in thunar.
                      ) OpenGL performance still about 20% below Windows XP (32bit) in Unigine valley.
                      ) Tearing in the upper 10% of the frame when watching movies in VLC
                      ) Unigine valley performs better (in terms of points) than with the latest open source driver - but as there are framedrops when I use fgxlr everything feels much smoother with the open driver.

System: R9 270, Xubuntu 14.04, Kernel 3.13

Comment

Working...
                      X