No announcement yet.

black border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, what was the option in your TV called ?
    Test signature

Comment

"Just Scan" - but it was only enabled if 1080p signal was present.

Anyway thx vm for a hint! Now the next task is to get radeonhd playing HD using UVD hw

Best,
      Marcin

Comment

I still have the black border issue. Even with the command:
        Code:
        aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0
        I use a hd2600 with Catalyst 8.6 under ubuntu hardy. It's working perfectly under vista.

If I use --query-dispattrib for my display, I get the folowing result:
        Code:
        $ aticonfig --query-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeX   
         sizeX attribute information of monitor tmds1 :
         default:1776, value:1776, min:752, max:1776, step:1
        $ aticonfig --query-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeY
         sizeY attribute information of monitor tmds1 :
         default:1000, value:1000, min:470, max:1000, step:1
        According to this, the maximum resolution is 1776x1000 ?!? I can't force 1920x1080.

Any idea?

Comment

Here is my Xorg log.

http://pastebin.ca/1057393

I had a Nvidia card before my AMD 4850 and I didnt have to specify the resolution. It set it to 1680x1050.

Comment

Originally posted by pepone View Post
            I still have the black border issue. Even with the command:
            Code:
            aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0
            I use a hd2600 with Catalyst 8.6 under ubuntu hardy. It's working perfectly under vista.

If I use --query-dispattrib for my display, I get the folowing result:
            Code:
            $ aticonfig --query-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeX   
             sizeX attribute information of monitor tmds1 :
             default:1776, value:1776, min:752, max:1776, step:1
            $ aticonfig --query-dispattrib=tmds1,sizeY
             sizeY attribute information of monitor tmds1 :
             default:1000, value:1000, min:470, max:1000, step:1
            According to this, the maximum resolution is 1776x1000 ?!? I can't force 1920x1080.

Any idea?
            Can you paste your X log somewhere ?
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Can you paste your X log somewhere ?
              my Xorg log:
              Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

None of the dispattrib changes works for me, it doesn't matter which of the valid device names I choose. I'm using HDMI so maybe that's the reason.

Does anyone have another solution short of reverting to 8.4 until this problem is fixed?

Comment

Pepone: according to your log it looks like you are running with a 1280x800 primary display on laptop and the 1920x1080 display is a second monitor via HDMI, is that correct ? Seems like the driver is trying to run them both at 1280x800 since both displays support that -- maybe defaulting to clone mode ? Are you running with two separate screen areas or in clone mode ?

gbee -- did you try the command Matthew suggested ? Not the dispattrib one but the set-pcs-val one ?

Egon -- according to the log the display is being set to 1680x1050. Is that what you are seeing ?
                  Test signature

Comment

gbee -- did you try the command Matthew suggested ? Not the dispattrib one but the set-pcs-val one ?
                    I did, but I gave it another go, this time unloading the module as well and it finally worked. Thanks.

Comment

Pepone: according to your log it looks like you are running with a 1280x800 primary display on laptop and the 1920x1080 display is a second monitor via HDMI, is that correct ? Seems like the driver is trying to run them both at 1280x800 since both displays support that -- maybe defaulting to clone mode ? Are you running with two separate screen areas or in clone mode ?
                      You're correct: My primary display is 1280x800, and the second screen 1920x1080. I have the same problem with clone mode and with 2 separate area.

Comment

Working...
                      X