black border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    There must be a boarder of 6 pixels (or 3 left and 3 right) because the gfx driver needs a res which can be divided by 8 -> 1366 native -> 1360 for driver. Impossible to fix that.
    1920 and 1080 are dividable by 8 though I have probably 100 pixels of blackborders

this is really a huge and urgent issue here, since I can't use other resolution with the opensource driver
    I will need to plug back my 6600GT in the second 16x slot
    Last edited by mirak63; 23 June 2008, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Well somebody before mentioned a phyiscal res of 1360x768.

Comment

yep

the problem is that hd4850 is almost unusable with fglrx on linux because of this, because 8.3 and 8.4 doesn't support this card
        I can't fallback on previous versions

Comment

Unusable or just annoying?

Comment

Originally posted by trentgbs View Post
            bridgman: Those aticonfig commands are for the fglrx binary drivers. They will not do anything with the radeonhd driver. You can do something similar with xrandr 1.2 when running radeonhd.
            Yeah, that's what puzzled me. Your post listed the aticonfig commands and said they had fixed the black border problem, but also said that you had switched to the radeonhd driver. The only other interpretation I could think of was that the commands fixed your problem with fglrx but you switched to radeonhd anyways.
            Last edited by bridgman; 23 June 2008, 10:49 AM.
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
              Unusable or just annoying?
              unsuable to the point where I think pluging back my 6600GT in the other pci express socket as a backup

the problem is that my native resolution for the screen is 1920x1080 and that the computer still display 1920x1080 but they are not 1 per 1 pixel and downscaled to fit inside the black borders.
              I can't take a picture sorry.

So for exemple the empty Xorg display that you get by just running X, doesn't display what it should, and you can imagine how look policies with this

compiz works fine though lol

Comment

Originally posted by mirak63 View Post
                e:/etc/X11# aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2,positionX:0
                Try to Set positionX adjust of monitor tmds2 value : 0 failed.
                It may not supported by monitor or the value beyond the range.
                I noticed that others were using "tmds2i" rather than "tmds2", can you pls try that ?
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  I noticed that others were using "tmds2i" rather than "tmds2", can you pls try that ?
                  ha mon dieu merci beaucoup !!

now I have another issue, I have huge tearing at the bottom of the screen when playing videos
                  Last edited by mirak63; 23 June 2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toxic239 View Post
                    Hi

Finaly solved the issue with help of aticonfig command. It looks like Samsung TV claims to support 1080p but the visible area is touch smaller - very strange ...

Does anyone know if there is a linux software to analyse the EDID data ?

Best,
                    Toxic
                    o, my sony display w4000 I must enable "all pixels" option, otherwise it's zoomed

Comment

We asked some questions internally, it looks like a default setting for HDMI was changed in the common code. This has triggered a number of monitors to underscan.

Note that this does not happen on all HDTV monitors, some actually need this setting to have a normal near-pixel perfect screen.

To override this setting try setting this value and restarting X.

aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0

To enable this functionality through the configuration tools it will not come for a number of releases, since this setting is quite deep under the covers and there are other issues that will need to be resolved to fix this fully.

Please advise if this resolves this issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X