Catalyst 14.4 Revised For The Witcher 2 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magika View Post
    Fast? Did you forgot when closed beta of W2 had appeared on Steam? It's not like they got informed of the bug just yesterday.
    Developer informed people that fglrx is fixed, but fix is not in current release .

The current AMD Catalyst driver contains a problem which stops the game from running. AMD have already fixed the problem, and the fix will be in the next driver release.
    Do you think dev was not having fixed fglrx in his hands during beta?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Developer informed people that fglrx is fixed, but fix is not in current release .

Do you think dev was not having fixed fglrx in his hands during beta?
      I really would like to see Ubuntu starting to offer updated drivers

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
        Was this the first time AMD released a driver update for a game on the Linux platform? Thats progress.
        Yes its very impressive, hopefully this situation is repeated if more games appear

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          I really would like to see Ubuntu starting to offer updated drivers
          I don't think they will do it this fast for every single bugs out there, no way . This one is "grave" bug, which prevents popular game at launch day from starting, so that one deserves high priority .

edit: Ah sorry i tought you were talking about AMD somehow, Ubuntu is different story they will package it somewhere of course .
          Last edited by dungeon; 23 May 2014, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
            Fast? Did you forgot when closed beta of W2 had appeared on Steam? It's not like they got informed of the bug just yesterday.
            When was the last time AMD released an updated linux driver for a game?

AMD supporting Linux gaming will take time. I did not expect an updated driver till 14.5/6. It shows AMD is ramping up linux development.

With all the Linux titles and porting being done it is a very good sign IMO.

Comment

Witcher 2 is barely playable on my R9-270x with radeonsi (latest oibaf ppa) on Ubuntu 14.04 running with medium quality settings at 1400x900 resolution!! I'm getting desperate.. has anyone tried with the new Catalyst? What is performance like?

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
                Witcher 2 is barely playable on my R9-270x with radeonsi (latest oibaf ppa) on Ubuntu 14.04 running with medium quality settings at 1400x900 resolution!! I'm getting desperate.. has anyone tried with the new Catalyst? What is performance like?
                its better with catalyst

-----

by the way

I opened a "LETS FIX IT instead of complaining!" thread here to support the devs!:
                ############## for detailed / comprehensive bug reports now use only https://github.com/KillaW0lf04/The-Witcher-2-Issues/issues the Developers are answering there! ############## This thread contains: - quick tests and quick bug reports on The Witcher 2 - constructive comments, help, solutions, discussions -------------- Resources: --------------- - openSUSE Tutorial: http://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/discussions/0/522728268848525694/ - openSUSE crash fix:...

Comment

*kisses his NVIDIA card*

Comment

Did somebody test it?

Comment

The game is bloody mess even with the revised catalyst. But it was a progress, now, instead of not even running, it crashes most of the time. I've tested in Floatsam level, and it crashes and black screens when entering house doors.

Comment

Working...
                      X