Linux Game Publishing Has Disappeared, Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naib View Post
    Didn't lgp make some statement that they would release some means to disable their DRM if they went under...
    Yes. They mentioned about it the past, but I think this is not an issue. They have used DRM in several games:

"Currently, LGP has published nine games that contain their DRM technology:

Title DRM
    Box version Digital version
    Ballistics No None
    Ballistics (r2) None Yes
    Jets'n'Guns Yes Yes
    Majesty Gold No None
    Majesty Gold (r2) Yes Yes
    Sacred: Gold Edition Yes Yes
    Shadowgrounds Yes Yes
    Shadowgrounds Survivor Yes Yes
    X2: The Threat No None
    X2: The Threat (r2) None Yes
    X3: Reunion Yes Yes
    X3: Reunion - Special Edition Yes None"

Comment

how is it "not at issue" that just confirms there are alot of products they released with their DRM. they should do what they said

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
        Didn't lgp make some statement that they would release some means to disable their DRM if they went under...
        Yes, yes they did but apparently they fucking lied. Want to buy a copy of X3? Its slightly used and won't work because of DRM! I should of spent my money on a hard working whore. How hard is it to keep a web site up. Screw you LGP you SUCK!!

Comment

And to make things worse: Linux oldest game site happypenguin.org which was hosted on LGP's servers has been continously offline from time to time and when it was online no updates came anymore. Ever since the initial outage of LGP (which was last year or 2012 IIRC?).

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
            This is not a correct hint about Shogo on Desura.

I know that they have not changed information on this game section of the website since many years.
            I had some luck to find news on French website about Hyperion entertainment, and now that is the only proof that they plan to publish Shogo on Desura.
            I doubt they have time to publish Shogo anywhere. All of their time gets eaten away by working AmigaOS 4.2 atm and even for that work they could use a few extra devs. So...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
              And to make things worse: Linux oldest game site happypenguin.org which was hosted on LGP's servers has been continously offline from time to time and when it was online no updates came anymore. Ever since the initial outage of LGP (which was last year or 2012 IIRC?).
              Happypenguin.org is now a historical website but someone still developing new version of this website with new games. I can still see very old comments from happypenguin.org:

Comment

I doubt they have time to publish Shogo anywhere. All of their time gets eaten away by working AmigaOS 4.2 atm and even for that work they could use a few extra devs. So...
                I do not know who exactly will be responsible for Shogo for Linux. Perhaps, they can hire people from liflg.org because now they are porting Runesoft games to Linux.

By the way, I saw many articles about LGP but Phoronix have completely ignored Runesoft. I do not get it.

Comment

They could do a quick port job to get more cash for Amiga development.

I never bought from the LGP because they always seemed to me to be a sketchy company. Though I'd love to see the entire Linux game catalog made available on Steam or Humble. Most of the games are already on Steam, just not their ports. I'm not so keen on Desura since they got bought by Linden Labs, another company that I get a weird feeling about...

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
                    I do not know who exactly will be responsible for Shogo for Linux. Perhaps, they can hire people from liflg.org because now they are porting Runesoft games to Linux.

By the way, I saw many articles about LGP but Phoronix have completely ignored Runesoft. I do not get it.
                    Larabel mostly ignores gaming news even though it's a stated goal of the site tagline.

Comment

Working...
                    X