• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
    Assassin's Creed: Ubisoft
    World of Warcraft: Activision-Blizzard
    The Elder Scrolls: Bethesda Softworks
    I think Ubisoft already announced intentions to bring new titles to Linux, which also probably includes backports of a bunch of stuff.

WoW already runs flawlessly under Wine. It is literally the poster child of it. And the installation process through PlayOnLinux is seamless. The only thing is you need to manually enable the OpenGL backend, and it would probably be 15 - 20 fps faster with a native port. All the Blizzard games work extremely well, though.

I'd add Wolfenstein (2009), Rage, The New Order, the Darksiders series (though I highly doubt this will happen, considering the studio that made them and the IP were sold to separate companies), Dragon Age, and Unreal 2. Yeah, random old game, but I liked it. It should see a source release though, instead of a port - let the community handle it.

On the topic of MMS, I couldn't care less about BF4 / CoD. CS:Go is on the horizon and is much better anyway. I understand those series are big cash cows but they are just bland boring and played out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
      No, that would require basically making two new games. ME1 for PS3 runs on the same engine as ME2 and ME3 though, and is graphically superior to the X-Box 360 verison or the Windows version. Something like that would probably happen.
      agreed, but it would be friggin' awesome

ME1 definitely looks better on PS3, just saw a few videos on it - that way you (hopefully) won't have a shock of a "disfigured" shepard through the trilogy (my shepard's jaw looked way off after importing it into ME2 )

hopefully Metro 2033 this time doesn't suffer from the issues Metro: Last Light had - it would always crash shortly before the ending of the game (one of the last levels), didn't feel like re-playing that level

so watched the ending on Youtube ^^

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        I had the very same issue just yesterday: I get passed the venice level lowering the quality settings.
        Out of curiosity, I wonder if you guys are running out of memory on your cards if lowering the settings allow you to continue. I went through the whole thing with the Titans just fine with quality cranked to the max at 2560x1440.

Comment

Originally posted by obedlink View Post
          valve should replace "Metro: 2033" and "Metro: LL" by Redux versions.

it is not fair if we play in linux, we have to re-purchase.
          Why would Linux users be more entitled than Windows users? They won't get Redux for free either.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
            WoW already runs flawlessly under Wine.
            Not here. I have to set all graphical settings to the minimum to get a decent frame-rate, and the higher settings aren’t available anyway (the game thinks my GTX 660 can’t do them… yeah right.) So the game is slow and ugly. Other than that, it’s working, right…

On topic, buying the Linux version of Metro 2033 / Last Light Redux would be a big mistake considering they didn’t bother supporting/fixing the first Last Light port…

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
              I own both Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light. Metro Last Light on Linux is a disaster.
              Comparing to Witcher 2 release, seems like Last Light wasn't so bad. At least I was able to complete Last Light at day one, only with couple of crashes at swamps level.

Comment

Working...
              X